LaunchBox Community Forums

I Can't Find The Option To Turn Off Game Title Covering Bottom Of Box Art in LaunchBox?

Wonderboy

I remember a few days ago seeing this option somewhere in the settings and thinking I will give it go and see how it looks because sometimes the Box art doesn't immedeately make it clear what the game is. But now after seeing it for a while it's really stating to annoy me, so I went looking for the option to change it back and I can't find it anywhere. I looked many times but it seems to have disappeared on me. Does anyone know where to find this option please?

Also wondering about something else while I'm on this topic: during researching an answer to this question above, I have read that the current default theme doesn't actually allow for placing the name under the box art and only themes based off the "old default" theme will allow for this. Which now that I have seen the game title actually on top of the box art and disliking it, I realise that the name under the box would probably work really well and look good too.

So I'm wondering if there is a theme that looks similar to the new default theme that actually allows for this? Because the "old Default" theme doesn't quite look right and isn't as good as the "new" default theme overall, in my opinion.

Edited by Wonderboy

3 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

I remember a few days ago seeing this option somewhere in the settings and thinking I will give it go and see how it looks because sometimes the Box art doesn't immedeately make it clear what the game is. But now after seeing it for a while it's really stating to annoy me, so I went looking for the option to change it back and I can't find it anywhere. I looked many times but it seems to have disappeared on me. Does anyone know where to find this option please?

It's a checkbox at the bottom of the screen, however it may not be available in custom themes.

3 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Also wondering about something else while I'm on this topic: during researching an answer to this question above, I have read that the current default theme doesn't actually allow for placing the name under the box art and only themes based off the "old default" theme will allow for this. Which now that I have seen the game title actually on top of the box art and disliking it, I realise that the name under the box would probably work really well and look good too.

This is also correct, it's a aesthetic choice and wont be changing in the current default theme. If you don't like it you will need to use a different theme, or edit a copy of the default theme to move the text.

On 11/30/2021 at 9:33 PM, neil9000 said:

It's a checkbox at the bottom of the screen, however it may not be available in custom themes.

Thank very much :) I couldn't find it because I had the button bar hidden. I think it would be much better if this option was also available in the normal option menu in case of this.

On 11/30/2021 at 9:33 PM, neil9000 said:

This is also correct, it's a aesthetic choice and wont be changing in the current default theme. If you don't like it you will need to use a different theme, or edit a copy of the default theme to move the text.

That sounds really good, but I don't know how to edit themes or even where to begin, would you be able to point me in the right direction please?

9 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

That sounds really good, but I don't know how to edit themes or even where to begin, would you be able to point me in the right direction please?

Not my forte I'm afraid, you will need to get your hands dirty in the xaml code and move some things around there, but i can't help with that unfortunately.

19 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Not my forte I'm afraid, you will need to get your hands dirty in the xaml code and move some things around there, but i can't help with that unfortunately.

That's okay, I was just hoping you could steer me towards a forum or video or something that could help get started?