LaunchBox Community Forums

Some DS games are scraping media for the wrong platform

BrainyCabde

I just imported my DS collection and noticed some of the games(Bionicle Heroes and COD WAW for example) are scraping media for the wrong platform. Those 2 games scraped the 360 version for those games. This was never a problem for me before. I assume the database ID for the games that are scrapping wrong is the wrong ID. Any idea how to fix this problem. I would rather not have to manually go back and fix all these games since I probably end up with a lot more of these when I start importing NES, SNES, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

19 minutes ago, BrainyCabde said:

352091953_DesktopScreenshot2021_12.09-11_49_06_52.thumb.png.ff3fd4bf143a7436dd08c85beca5fd7d.pngHere is a picture showing the problem. I did name the platform Nintendo - DS and scraped it as Nintendo DS, so I don't know why some of these games are scrapping media for different platform versions.

Nintendo - DS is a custom name, so did you also set the "Scrape As" as Nintendo DS when importing the platform? Also what is the actual file name for that Splinter Cell game?

9 minutes ago, BrainyCabde said:

Yes, I scraped as Nintendo DS. The Splinter Cell game name as in the folder is this    Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell - Chaos Theory

Weird, i don't have Splinter Cell, but i do have Ultimate Spiderman, and that scraped just fine for me. Does it have a database ID?

image.thumb.png.1c60b06f91910bc0f8c9835f5572e24d.png

Hey @BrainyCabde we see ya. Though right now I'm not entirely sure why you're seeing what you are. Did have a few questions for ya to hope and narrow down the cause to what you're seeing:

When you get the wrong image, what is the exact value in the Platform field of the game?
When you get the wrong image, if you open up the Edit Game window for that item, in the upper right should be a GamesDbId link, can you click that and tell me if you get sent to the correct game page on the GamesDB website?
Have you changed the image path for any of your platforms?
Are you scraping EmuMovies as well on import or only GamesDB?

Here's another picture of the parents structure.

1797405469_DesktopScreenshot2021_12.11-19_47_21_31.thumb.png.fca1f1aaaba3abe60fc7bcc20df46847.png

This was all on first attempt. I'm sure second attempt will be fine. So what i've been doing is just running the import process. If the platform appears on the wrong section of parents, I cancel and restart. I can also see the images as they are imported on the games list and tell if there's other platform images being imported. So basically, i've found a workaround. I just don't know why it reacts this way on first try with some platforms. Not a deal breaker, just interesting.

8 hours ago, BrainyCabde said:

Sorry for the late reply @C-Beats. I have imported my Gamecube games and come across the same issue. Here is the screenshot that you had requested before for the Game Gear library, but for the Gamecube collection.

1923241859_DesktopScreenshot2021_12.11-19_41_38_83.thumb.png.35c5609fe7cf35b039f7e7dfd6d14779.png

I asked you this in my very first reply. You have a custom name set "Nintendo - Gamecube" in this case, but you have not set a "Scrape As" it's just a blank field in your image, this is why you get media from all different platforms, you haven't told Launchbox what platform to scrape the platform against, which again is the very first thing i asked you and you said you HAD set that, well it's clearly not set for Gamecube. Also this is the reason Gamecube and Nintendo DS are not in the correct categories, Launchbox does not know what systems they are, so cannot categorize them correctly.