LaunchBox Community Forums

A-Z Vertical Navigation Ribbon in LB mode?

Beatlemaniac19

As someone who prefers to use LB over BB even though I have a Big Box lifetime subscription, was wondering if it was possible to use the A-Z navigation to you find in Big Box, but with LB. I'm currently using RinceWind's LB theme. Here's what I'm looking at:
Capture.thumb.JPG.d563503be74fc3a15bd44fb842b231b7.JPG

As you can see, my preferred view is the Box Art. My biggest current console is GBA as there are 700+ games. What I'd like is to have a vertical navigation ribbon that's #-Z to the left of the 007: Everything or Nothing Box that extends down under the letter Z, and clicking said letter will allow you to jump to the appropriate letter. This would function just like it does it Big Box.

Hope that makes sense. Is this feature supported in LB?

8 minutes ago, Beatlemaniac19 said:

Hope that makes sense. Is this feature supported in LB?

No we currently don't have anything like that in LaunchBox. In LaunchBox though you can select any item in the grid then start typing the name of the item and LaunchBox will jump to the first item that matches.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Beatlemaniac19 said:

Thanks for replying C-Beats. The problem is that it becomes incredibly unwieldy when you get to libraries of more than 300 games. The search feature is nice and I use it often, but it'd be great to be able to easily navigate big libraries.

Would Jason be open to adding this feature to LB?

He didnt say the search, if you click on a game and then press say N, you will skip to the first game starting with N. So what you want is possible, you just need to press the letter rather than clicking it from a A-Z list.

• Like 1