LaunchBox Community Forums

MS-DOS importing process

BrainyCabde

3 minutes ago, BrainyCabde said:

I just want to run them with the Launchbox default(I think it's exodos?).

Exodos is not a emulator, nor is it anything to do with Launchbox. It is a collection of DOS games bundled with Launchbox as a frontend. I dont believe standalone dosbox can use zips, the dosbox pure core in retroarch can. Depending on what you choose the import method would be different.

3 minutes ago, BrainyCabde said:

Ok thanks. I think I'll stick with unzipped then since the space saved is only 150gb or so for the collection. Does Doxbox come with LB?

If you do have the exodos collection, you cant just through those games at another Launchbox install and expect them to work. A lot of hard work has gone into that collection with every game being launched by scripts, its very very far from plug and play in to your existing Launchbox install, you can do it, but not the normal way. There is a thread here on the forums with instructions though.

That would just require you to import the zip file like you would any rom. select MS-DOS platform, retroarch as emulator, then import the games. One thing you'd want to make sure though is that you don't have "Extract roms" option on in Edit Emulator, and that you add MS-DOS as an associated platform to the emulator as well as set the core for it.

I don't want to create a new topic, so i'm just going to use this one from yesterday. While importing my MS-DOS collection, all was going well until I turned on my 2nd monitor this morning and crashed my PC. Is there a way for me to continue downloading where I left off. I was done downloading the stuff from LB and was a good chunk of the way through the Emumovies part.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2021 at 8:45 AM, BrainyCabde said:

I don't want to create a new topic, so i'm just going to use this one from yesterday. While importing my MS-DOS collection, all was going well until I turned on my 2nd monitor this morning and crashed my PC. Is there a way for me to continue downloading where I left off. I was done downloading the stuff from LB and was a good chunk of the way through the Emumovies part.

You can just start downloading again.  Select all the items you want and then the trick is to click on the middle option.  It is something like "search for everything, but don't replace media" (recommended).  That should sort you out.