LaunchBox Community Forums

Upgrading ver 10.x to current...

dgrams2000

So I am running a version of BB on a machine that started having errors on startup (probably with the usb controllers if I had to guess)

I just paid for the unlimited upgrade plan, but I am I able to overlay the latest version on top of my 10.x build and actually have it work - would love to do this if I could.

Or do I need to perform a new install of BigBox in a new directory?

You can simply run the newest installer over top. It does not really affect your settings. Though, going from 10.x to the current 12.6 there could be a random setting here or there that may change due to how many feature updates and UI updates between a version that old and the most current.

Just now, dgrams2000 said:

Okay.  I installed over the top and launchbox seemed to not know of anything... so... I guess I need to re-set up.  

Im gonna guess you installed into a Launchbox folder inside of your Launchbox folder rather than over the top. If the path was D:Launchbox, you would install to D:.