LaunchBox Community Forums

Need to Reset "Genres" after messing up a Custom Bigbox Theme install

CrocketRauncher

I've installed Eclipse onto a second machine and I seem to have broken my Bigbox "genres" view. I accidentally tried to run the eclipse theme without the eclipse.dll file installed. I received a fatal exception when attempting to run the Theme in Bigbox. Now that I've added it, all my bigbox themes look like this no matter what I select when I open up BigBox. 

image.thumb.png.06f2c2dd41fc6d46fe07dab711526dce.png

I tried refreshing all image and coverflow caches, it does not help. 

Is there a way to reset Bigbox's theme information to stock? I'm not sure where to look.

Additional Information:  It's probably important to note that regardless of the options I select in Esc Menu > Options > Views including different "default startup views" or "Themes" it always opens to this broken screen. I am able to go to Esc Menu > View Platforms and get Eclipse to load manually by selecting Platforms to push it off Genres, but as mentioned earlier it's not loading on launch even though it's selected as the Theme to load under options/views.

Would love to know how to fix this and learn a bit more about where I broke this. Any help and insight would be greatly appreciated! I'll continue tinkering with it in the meantime.

• Like 1

I'm glad to hear you got things back to normal @CrocketRauncher. I investigated this and found that I've mistakenly delivered this funky "FilterView" with the Eclipse theme along with several other views when really all I should be delivering is Platform Wheel 1.  I need to delete all the other views from the theme so that they properly fall back to the default when Eclipse is not in use.  What happened is since the plug-in files weren't there, the theme blew up (probably showed an ugly error message) and then switched to the platform 1 wheel view from the default theme.  When you switched to "show genres" it was still on "eclipse" and loaded up my funky FilterView which had nothing but that hard coded string in there (not sure how it got in there like that).  I'm going to remove all the other views from Eclipse except for the PlatformWheel1FiltersView which is the only view that is used by the theme to avoid this in the future.  

Thanks @faeran for bringing this to my attention.  

• Like 1

Awesome Fry! I'm glad you were able to reproduce it, just like you said it did give me a really ugly error message when I tried to load without the eclipse.dll. I was fully expecting my idiocracy to just be documented and moved on from, but it seems you've been able to make this into a nice bugfix development opportunity. I'm quite happy it ended up being useful to future builds that I'm sure I'll also break unintentionally in new and exciting ways haha ^^; Thanks again for the theme and continued development, it's far and away my favorite.

Case closed, thank you faeran and Fry for the awesome development and support.

Cheers!