LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox custom background image won't display - background is always blank black screen

smpetty

The background of my LaunchBox is solid black.  I have gone under Tools --> Options --> Visuals --> Backgrounds --> Defaults and have chosen a custom background image (jpeg), but the background stays black.  I have toggled all of the Media --> Background Priorities OFF and it makes no difference.

How can I set it up so that the background image that I choose is always the background image in LaunchBox? 

25 minutes ago, smpetty said:

CriticalZone v2

CriticalZone v2 is a Big Box theme. Is this correct? Your first post indicates that you were having issues with LaunchBox.

CriticalZone has some views that use a video background, and others that use game fanart backgrounds. Which views are you trying to get a static background working in?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, faeran said:

CriticalZone v2 is a Big Box theme. Is this correct? Your first post indicates that you were having issues with LaunchBox.

CriticalZone has some views that use a video background, and others that use game fanart backgrounds. Which views are you trying to get a static background working in?

Yes - you are correct.  It is LaunchBox that I'm having the blank black background with.  It is the main LaunchBox screen where the titles and boxes/screenshots/banners are displayed.

BigBox looks and operates perfectly. 

I haven't (knowingly) changed any of the display settings in LaunchBox

Thanks.

You're sending some pretty mixed signals here. LaunchBox is the application you're having problem with by sounds of things. What LaunchBox theme are you using inside of LaunchBox? If you are trying to use Critical Zone that's your problem as that is a Big Box theme, not a LaunchBox one.

19 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

You're sending some pretty mixed signals here. LaunchBox is the application you're having problem with by sounds of things. What LaunchBox theme are you using inside of LaunchBox? If you are trying to use Critical Zone that's your problem as that is a Big Box theme, not a LaunchBox one.

I am using the default LaunchBox theme

8 hours ago, C-Beats said:

Can you post a screenshot so I can see what you're seeing?

I’m sorry, but my AWFUL internet service is providing me 0.1 mbps upload speed and 1 gbps download.  My upload speed is literally 10,000 slower than my download speed.  Its been this way for two days, and it effectively prevents me from uploading anything, even a 3 MB screenshot.  Suffice it say that, the background of LB is black.  Always.  White fonts on a black background, boxes and screenshots on a black background.