LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox "Error: Unknown option: nbashowt"

ejay81

I'm trying to get 3 specific games to work out of launchbox that all work fine in stand alone lr-mame core via retroarch. 

When trying to launch in launchbox though i get "Error: Unknown option: nbashowt" or "blitz2" or "cliffhgr" based on the rom i'm trying to load.  The CHD files are in the same directory and launch fine directly in retroarch using the same latest lr-mame core.  The romset matches so its not a romset or RA issue.

I checked the emulator settings and can't figure out for the life of my why these games wont run within Launchbox.

The emulator settings seem to be right as I can launch another rom from that romset using the same emulator in LB and located in the same rom folder.

The unique part about the ones that wont load in LB but will load in RA is they are all CHD based roms.  I have the CHD's there and works in RA so puzzled.

I removed the roms and readded them.  It now found both the zip and associated chd files when going through the import wizard.   The launching file shows .chd that its pointing to.  

Now there is a new error  "Error:Unknown , 0, ?" , but with blitz2k i get the same original error noted above even though its also referencing the .chd location.

Edited by ejay81

12 minutes ago, ejay81 said:

I removed the roms and readded them.  It now found both the zip and associated chd files when going through the import wizard.   The launching file shows .chd that its pointing to.  

Now there is a new error  "Error:Unknown , 0, ?" , but with blitz2k i get the same original error noted above even though its also referencing the .chd location.

Launchbox needs to be pointed at the .zip, not the .chd.

So i got this sorted out. I"m not sure why Launchbox sometimes points to the zip and other times points to the chd at a per rom basis.  I pointed toward the zip and it's now working.  Looking at all my chd games LB seems to alternative between using zip or chd and not sure why. I  import by folder.

11 minutes ago, ejay81 said:

So i got this sorted out. I"m not sure why Launchbox sometimes points to the zip and other times points to the chd at a per rom basis.  I pointed toward the zip and it's now working.  Looking at all my chd games LB seems to alternative between using zip or chd and not sure why. I  import by folder.

Because when you import by folder LB is importing what is in the folder. It is file type agnostic and has no definitions as to what type of file it should specifically point to. 

The only time it does know what specific file to use if the Full Mame Set importer since it specifically uses Mame's own xaml file which is why the full set importer can also only be used with official Mame and not RA Mame.