LaunchBox Community Forums

Game Version Option in BigBox

ejay81

I'm assuming this is a feature and I just can't find it.  In launchbox i have a single game and under "addition applications" i have both the 2 player and 4 player version.  Take Simpsons for example.   I have the 2player version set as default but both will launch fine. 

How can I select which version to launch in big box via controller?  Sometimes I have 4 people over and we like to play but going into Launchbox to flip the 4player version to default to then only have to go back to bigbox and launch it is a pain.  There has to b a way to bring up an option at the game prior to launching to select the version I want?

You choose via Game Details. Sounds like you have your Big Box set to skip that screen. You can do one of the following:

Stop skipping Game Details (set via Options)
Assign a key/controller bind to open Game Details (via Options) that you can then press whenever you need to enter details to pick a different version

Just now, ejay81 said:

I must be doing something wrong.  I went into controller and used button 3 for "Show game details"  that just takes me to the main game view page where i can select "play", "rating", "favorite" etc...

That is the correct screen, there is also a version option there.