LaunchBox Community Forums

Steam link cant not properly show Big Box

shadowfire36

I currently added big box to my steam account to use through steamlink ...i cannot see any of the themes tho, and i have tried all of them . anyone ever have this issue??? its heavily bright , but it does work , all games are running fine ..i just cant see what i am selecting 

IMG_7577.PNG

Edited by shadowfire36

UPDATE:

i have tried different machines and these are the results

machine 1: amd rx 570 8gb - Not working white blur on all themes and i can see images when i shift to another theme ,but only briefly

machine 2 : amd HD8750 2gb - Working 

machine 3 : nvidia gt630 2gb  - Working 

the only difference between the Machines is that Machine 1 has launch box installed on a D:\ partition and that partition is on a GPT drive do to its large Size . the other machines I did the normal setup on C:\  ....

Now I i did test reinstalling launch box to C:\ but it does the same thing not being able to properly see the menus 

I have also tried differ drivers and used DDU to remove any other installs on this machine 

can anyone help ?

Edited by shadowfire36

I don't use steam link, but based on your screenshot, it's pointing to some kind of Windows color profile issue. Doing a few quick google searches seems to indicate that the Steam Link has a very limited color profile, and settings would need to be adjusted to try and match it.

That's my best guess anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m having this exact same whitewash issue when steam streaming big box to a Samsung TV. Just started with either Steam update or Launchbox update. I did both around the same time just before I first saw this problem. I’ll try a Steam reinstall as suggested.

I’m thinking it was the Steam update.

Saw a similar issue that has come and gone with Steam updates.

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/homestream/discussions/0/1743357605566991061/?ctp=4

I could downgrade Launchbox to rule out the Launchbox update but I’m a bit scared it will lose data or break it.

I was thinking I would try the latest beta Steam to see if that helps seeing as you can’t downgrade Steam.

For me, as soon as I launch Dolphin emulator from big box, the colours go back to normal. Also, if I run big picture streaming, then minimise it and open big box manually outside Steam, it streams fine, with no colour issue.

Updated to Steam beta. Didn’t fix it. Tried  SteamLink app on iOS and it has the same problem, so it’s not specific to Samsung TVs. 
For me, Dolphin loads fine, but I tried a Retroarch game and it was just a black screen. Both games and BigBox look fine in the host PC, just not where it’s streaming to.

Attaching images because it’s hard to describe. Looks the same as your original post. I’d call it white washed, high gamma, something like that.

A5FD9D82-CA6E-4554-92A7-9697A1C32ADC.png

4B4A0C60-CBAE-44C5-B4E5-B8FF4CC8F858.jpeg

53 minutes ago, invada said:

Updated to Steam beta. Didn’t fix it. Tried  SteamLink app on iOS and it has the same problem, so it’s not specific to Samsung TVs. 
For me, Dolphin loads fine, but I tried a Retroarch game and it was just a black screen. Both games and BigBox look fine in the host PC, just not where it’s streaming to.

Attaching images because it’s hard to describe. Looks the same as your original post. I’d call it white washed, high gamma, something like that.

A5FD9D82-CA6E-4554-92A7-9697A1C32ADC.png

4B4A0C60-CBAE-44C5-B4E5-B8FF4CC8F858.jpeg

yea there was an update to the steam beta last week , and im having the same problem again , i changed video palette from to rgb 4:44 from ycbcr 4:4:4 , nothing changed 

Edited by shadowfire36

On 3/8/2022 at 10:00 PM, invada said:

I was thinking I would try the latest beta Steam to see if that helps seeing as you can’t downgrade Steam.

For me, as soon as I launch Dolphin emulator from big box, the colours go back to normal. Also, if I run big picture streaming, then minimise it and open big box manually outside Steam, it streams fine, with no colour issue.

I get all of the steam beta updates , you need to have the beta in order for steam link to work on multiple computers , but steam will just say its your software your problem like they always do 

Edited by shadowfire36

Thanks for the post. The strange thing is that mine is happening on my 2 TVs and my phone being used as the client. So that rules out something with the TV. I’ve also been using steam link / steam streaming for months perfectly fine and the issue only just started at the same time I had a Steam update and LaunchBox update.

9 hours ago, C-Beats said:

Found a few other older threads that talked about TVs defaulting to the wrong color profile as well, all had similar pictures to the ones posted here.

the issue is not on the TV .. i have used 5 different PC's both windows and Linux , and also an iphone and andrioid phone as well .

The issue has happened with both a steam update and the last launchbox update ...i had a way that it work ,but once i updated the last launchbox update the problem returned 

Edited by shadowfire36

what decoding are you suggesting ....? especially on hardware sinc i have tried that on Intel NVidia, and Radeon systems  , I understand that its a remote in streaming app similar to teamviewer . , but i completely wiped my entire system and it worked ... once i updated to the latest launchbox did the problem return , everything you probably read is the one and only article i have read which is the article on steam about INTEL graphics having the issue but that problem shows on EVERYTHING within steam , not one game  ...which i cant when i have 6 machines all having the same issue that have completely different hardware's.

i completely installed both apps everyone 5 of my six machines with the same result . Also i have added different applications and the emulators directly    to steam to launch through their app and i have had 0 with the white wash issue , i only get it in big box once i add it to steam 

I just installed a fresh copy of LaunchBox Version 12.7 and it has the same issue for me. So it looks like it wasn't the LaunchBox update. It must have been the Steam update.

I tried to disable Hardware Encoding in the Host settings of Steam Remote Play / Steam Streaming. This had no effect. 

The only work around I know so far is to. Start Steam Streaming / Steam Link / Remote play. Minimise everything on the Host machine (Windows + D), then start BigBox outside a Steam shortcut. Colours are fine for me then.

I realise it's very annoying because it means you have to keep going back to the host machine rather than starting everything from the client.

image.png.71ceb2d4e5ee82af988d27fa9b80f70b.png

4 minutes ago, invada said:

I just installed a fresh copy of LaunchBox Version 12.7 and it has the same issue for me. So it looks like it wasn't the LaunchBox update. It must have been the Steam update.

I tried to disable Hardware Encoding in the Host settings of Steam Remote Play / Steam Streaming. This had no effect. 

The only work around I know so far is to. Start Steam Streaming / Steam Link / Remote play. Minimise everything on the Host machine (Windows + D), then start BigBox outside a Steam shortcut. Colours are fine for me then.

I realise it's very annoying because it means you have to keep going back to the host machine rather than starting everything from the client.

image.png.71ceb2d4e5ee82af988d27fa9b80f70b.png

yea i have turned those on and on , you know i get what your saying with the window , but i cant seem to do that from my phone 

Steam support just replied. Great news! They just said keep an eye out on the Beta update announcements. I just checked and they've fixed it in the next version! I've opted into Beta but I don't appear to have the latest one yet. Hopefully I will soon and I'll report back if it fixes it. Looks very hopeful!

Steam Client Beta - March 11

12 MAR @ 5:54AM - SLOUKEN
The Steam Client Beta has been updated with the following changes:

Remote Play
  • Fixed washed out colors streaming D3D9 games