LaunchBox Community Forums

Bigbox themes, changing fonts...

96P993

I just became a paid member and Im really enjoying what Launchbox and Bigbox have to offer, I do have a question about fonts though...Right now Im using Unified Redux as my theme, I have 2 categories that have fonts that simply dont have the same punch as the others. Im wondering if its possible to change the font itself. I know I can there are all kinds of fonts programs but not sure how to get inside the back end of a theme. I was hoping someone could lead me in the right direction...

Thanks 

Edited by 96P993

• 96P993 changed the title to Bigbox themes, changing fonts...

It is likely you do not have a clear logo for those categories. You can download some category clear logos in different styles from our forum downloads section.

The text you are seeing is an image text generated by BB in absence of a clear logo. You cannot change that font style.

Thanks Retro, let me elaborate a bit since I am getting a clue as to how this works...In the theme I see a font for Microsoft MSX and MSX 2. The PNG file is named exactly the same as how it is named in Launchbox. When I open Bigbox the font being shown and the font Im seeing in the file folders dont match. For some reason they are associating the 2 as the same and Im not sure why that would be. I was having an issue with Capcom but it was simply a naming issue, I just cant figure out MSX.

Can you post a pic of what you see in BigBox. And the png in the folder. Pics always help. 

Images for platforms and categories have to be exact name matches to how your life platforms and categories are named. If they do match and are in the correct folder try refreshing BigBox’s image cache in the BB settings. 

I do not see an issue with naming. So does not look like that is the issue. I did not need to see the image itself as I more wanted to see it in the folder location. Looks like you are trying to add them to the theme only.

What folder do you have that Microsoft MSX.png image in?

Also did you try refreshing the cache like I mentioned?

13 hours ago, 96P993 said:

Hopefully this will help...

20220320_195540.jpg

20220320_195557.jpg

20220320_195852.jpg

20220320_200051.jpg

Looking at your first image here, the right side of it is where it displays any associated platform images. I'm seeing it read as 0/0, which means LaunchBox is not registering any images.

Add your platform images in that Window and it should then work within a Big Box wheel.

As Faeran stated it sounds like you're trying to set a platform logo globally, but your images look like you have a theme specific folder open. Also after adding the image you need to clear your image cache in Big Box to tell the application that it needs to search for a new logo.