LaunchBox Community Forums

Big Box and Demulshooter (targeting DEmul only) issues

timbone316

So, I have two Gun4IR guns working great, and using Demulshooter is a God-send. However, I have one major issue I'd like a work around. When I target DEmul, oftentimes nomousy doesn't run right, or in the case of House of the Dead 2, the screen shrinks to the upper left corner. I discovered the issue was Big Box, since running the .bat script itself was fine always, and running from Launchbox was always fine. I finally disabled the startup screen when launching a game from Big Box, and now it works great. But I liked the startup screen, and seeing the clear logo as the game was loading. It was a nice graphical touch. Anyone have any issues with the startup screen messing up DEmul, and how to get around it? Or can I disable it sometimes on a per-game (or per-platform) basis? It can't be tied to an emulator itself, since my Demulshooter games don't use an emulator but run from a .bat script.

31 minutes ago, timbone316 said:

can I disable it sometimes on a per-game

You can edit the game and choose Override Default Startup Screen and 'Customize' to turn it on or off.  

image.thumb.png.dec034c33aaaf471e158f7aa89e34c6a.png

33 minutes ago, timbone316 said:

or per-platform

Select all the games in the Platform then click Edit. Find the field "Startup Screen" 

image.png.a4e8a3e47a7943f931cb27da3fa52188.png

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, nomasnomore said:

Hey anyone have any insite on this? 

So I got Naomi games to work in Demul.  I got Launch box to launch Demul when I Click on a game but it wont lauch the game, Demul just pops up.  

In LB emulator setting do you have the correct default command line parameters for each of the arcade systems Demul can run?

Can you post a couple of pics of your demul setup from LB. Show an image of the "Details" tab and and image of the "Associated Platforms" tabs.