LaunchBox Community Forums

Manage RetroArch returns to default settings and platforms/cores

SpaceMidget75

I've just raised a bug with the details here: https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/6847/managing-retroarch-always-loads-default

But could anyone else on the latest Beta confirm they see the same thing?

Go to manage emulators, edit RetroArch and look at the settings? Do you get the popup saying it's loaded the defaults and have the associated platforms gone back to the default list and default cores? It also shows all cores as "missing" in status.

Just interested to see if I have a problem specifically. I've removed the whole emulator and re-added it and it still does the same thing.

Edited by SpaceMidget75
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, SpaceMidget75 said:

I've just raised a bug with the details here: https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/6847/managing-retroarch-always-loads-default

Go to manage emulators, edit RetroArch and look at the settings? Do you get the popup saying it's loaded the defaults and have the associated platforms gone back to the default list and default cores? It also shows all cores as "missing" in status.

Just interested to see if I have a problem specifically. I've removed the whole emulator and re-added it and it still does the same thing.

Thanks SpaceMidget. This is a known bug in the latest beta. It will be fixed for the next one.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SpaceMidget75 said:

Yes mate can confirm, thankfully they are aware of this, i might stay clear of beta builds now

2 hours ago, Mr_JaLaPeNoS said:

BTW is there anyway of reverting back versions of launchbox, i tried the restore data with backup but it didn't change version of launchbox, thanks

UPDATE: I rolled back to 12.9 all is good with retroarch and all changes made up till now have remained

8 hours ago, Mr_JaLaPeNoS said:

Yes mate can confirm, thankfully they are aware of this, i might stay clear of beta builds now

Betas are never for people who dont want bugs, thats the whole point of a beta, it's a work in process. So if you are not prepared to accept bugs, and also to report and help troubleshoot said bugs, you should stay on the official stable release. I will add betas are mostly fine, but when new features are added bugs can creep in from time to time, you should never really be running betas on your one and only daily Launchbox build, or any software you use all the time to be honest.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Betas are never for people who dont want bugs, thats the whole point of a beta, it's a work in process. So if you are not prepared to accept bugs, and also to report and help troubleshoot said bugs, you should stay on the official stable release. I will add betas are mostly fine, but when new features are added bugs can creep in from time to time, you should never really be running betas on your one and only daily Launchbox build, or any software you use all the time to be honest.

Thanks for the response mate, ive been running launchbox betas since V7.0 without any major issues, this was my first real noticeable one, in my experience the nightly builds are usually the bug fixers in other software i use, i understand its a risk but didn't think beta would have that much of an effect, but lesson learned thankyou, its all back to normal now, happy days - keep up the great work devs.