LaunchBox Community Forums

Custom banner doesn't apply correctly

thewhite

Hi,

As i don't get answer in the topic "beta testing", i started a new topic... I have a problem putting my custom banner for n64 hack/homebrew category. When i apply my image (second banner) i got this;
1970536425_Screenshot_20220322-1859251.thumb.jpg.29d23d2fc4bcf9d8de17102163895f70.jpg.9bd61a1c289ac130c21ddb808b854ab1.jpg

When i reboot launchbox, i got a tiny image;
1198746015_Screenshot_20220322-1900191.thumb.jpg.c8a3a5507c7fc4290c9a389c3165405f.jpg.0639d55fd542f468c908ec5b0d0571b2.jpg

My image is a jpg 284x800, 300dpi, i try to set dpi to 72 and 384x1080, but it's the same result. Does someone can send me a custom working banner to see if it work for me?

My second problem, i have a genesis hack/homebrew category with the official genesis banner, and when i choose another banner it doesn't replace the banner with mine. I think it's a bug, if we choose another banner does it must replace the original?

Edited by thewhite

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It work with the new beta for the size and with a platform that doesn't have a default banner. Thanks for that.

The other problem is if we choose specific banner, why it doesn't replace the default banner? Can you force to apply when a specific banner is set?

On 5/26/2022 at 4:06 PM, thewhite said:

The other problem is if we choose specific banner, why it doesn't replace the default banner? Can you force to apply when a specific banner is set?

I'm confused as to what exactly is happening here. In my testing, it is working correctly to replace one of the default banners with a custom image. What are you trying to replace and how is it not working?

I have two genesis platform, one on the left is ok, the one on the right, it's homebrew/rom hacking (Sega Genesis Hack).

1.thumb.jpg.b1fc9a05d0e082c4c189c55e74094a13.jpg

I set a specific banner but it doesn't replace the original;

2.thumb.jpg.d40b81e5a41f92f6a8d7908da05d742a.jpg

I found a way to show my custom banner, i change the line "Scrape As" in the "Sega Genesis Hack.xml" file for "Sega Genesis Hack" instead "Sega Genesis". So as it doesn't know this platform, it don't use the default banner (that's my theory).

Okay, so you're trying to manually tweak the XML files? Most likely that is the issue; I'm guessing LaunchBox for Android doesn't know how to deal with both platforms, and it's probably thinking they're one and the same, or something like that. As of right now, LaunchBox expects platforms to be only platforms that it knows about. It doesn't yet know how to properly deal with custom platform names and such. So we'll need to implement that stuff before we can get something like this working.

I only modify the xml file today, when i thinking about what it happening. I have export the platform from the windows launchbox set to scrap as Genesis. So my xml was build to scrap as genesis and it doesn't allow me to replace the banner. It work for replacing a good platform "official genesis" without modifying the xml. Maybe i have a problem with the platform in the windows launchbox so it doesn't create the xml correctly...

• 4 months later...