LaunchBox Community Forums

Updated to 1.1 now problem

Mookdog

1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:

@Mookdog Where exactly in the interface are you getting the crash? Can you tell me what steps you're taking to cause it?

Import games I select the folder sometimes it crashes right after that or I can get to where u select if its a full romset and it crashes. This is all on my shield tv. But it is crashing alot more then the previous 2 betas

Mook

16 hours ago, HugoBR said:

Updated do 1.1 too and when I select the Wheel with Details view, the app crashes. I am using a Redmi 9s phone.

3 hours ago, Jmnice said:

Crash under wheel format for me also in Ambernic RG552. 
I’ve been able to dl the mp4 files and to activate them but when I try to scroll down it crashes arriving to Mattel intellivision 

These Chinese devices seem to constantly crash with a million issues that I think are probably out of our control. That said, I don't have one to tinker with, so it's hard to figure out exactly what the issues actually are. I do know, though, that they are not good implementations of Android and thus cause some significant hurdles/issues for development. My apologies for the issues with these devices; as for now, I'm not sure that we'll be able to resolve the issues with Anbernic or Xiaomi devices.

16 hours ago, Mookdog said:

Import games I select the folder sometimes it crashes right after that or I can get to where u select if its a full romset and it crashes. This is all on my shield tv. But it is crashing alot more then the previous 2 betas

Mook

I am able to replicate this with the latest firmware on the Shield with any folder that has too many files. However, apparently it's also an issue with previous versions. My current hunch is that it's just yet another bug with the Android 11 firmware. I will look to see if there's anything we can do to get around the bug here soon.

Its worth noting that Anbernic actually put out a new Android firmware for the RG552 a day or two ago (they have never updated a OS for any device before, so this is a first for them). The new firmware is running Android 11 now, not sure if this will change anything, but worth a look. The new firmware also has options for overclocking and fan speed, so the fan option may possibly help with crashing due to overheating maybe? 

• Like 1

On 4/13/2022 at 1:28 PM, Jason Carr said:

These Chinese devices seem to constantly crash with a million issues that I think are probably out of our control. That said, I don't have one to tinker with, so it's hard to figure out exactly what the issues actually are. I do know, though, that they are not good implementations of Android and thus cause some significant hurdles/issues for development. My apologies for the issues with these devices; as for now, I'm not sure that we'll be able to resolve the issues with Anbernic or Xiaomi devices.

I am able to replicate this with the latest firmware on the Shield with any folder that has too many files. However, apparently it's also an issue with previous versions. My current hunch is that it's just yet another bug with the Android 11 firmware. I will look to see if there's anything we can do to get around the bug here soon.

Actually my problem was due to the lack of space in my microsd card. After I opened some space, there were no more crashes when changing views or when downloading videos.

Edited by HugoBR
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...

Having the same issue here. Can't add any Arcade games as it crashes when I'm browsing the Mame folder. Nvidia shield 2019 pro. Not a space issue as I've got 80gb free on the SSD where the folder is, and 9gb on the internal drive. 

Any fix in sight for this? I know this original post is from a year ago, so about to give up on this unfortunately..