LaunchBox Community Forums

MAME Updater Reconfiguring All Arcade Playlists

TheNewClassics

Hey LB team,

I've been using the MAME Full Set Importer for the last couple of MAME updates to download and update the emulator. I did run into something that I just noticed however. I have Daphne and American Laser Game playlists under my Arcade category, which use different emulators than MAME. However, I've noticed that these games/playlists are being reconfigured to use MAME when the MAME Updater in the Full Set Import is being used. Is there any way to get around this? I supposed I could manually update MAME, but the Full Set Importer is very convenient and easy to use.

Thanks!

Sorry for the question.
Your Daphne and American Laser are set as playlists or platforms? I see that you wrote playlist, but only to be sure.

I want to reimport my Mame and I have under "Arcade" Daphne also, as platform. But I dont want to have problems while doing that...so I am just asking ^_^ 

TY!

3 hours ago, TheNewClassics said:

Hey xevious, I've got them as Playlists under Arcade. Maybe switching them to platforms would actually solve my problem

Playlists take on the game's information from the platform they are imported into. So if your Daphne and ALG are playlists and those games are from your Arcade platform then those playlists use the emulator they are assigned in the Arcade platform. You can edit those playlist games to use a different emulator, but if you run the Mame full set importer again and have it redo those playlists everything will be set to launch with Mame.

17 hours ago, Retro808 said:

Playlists take on the game's information from the platform they are imported into. So if your Daphne and ALG are playlists and those games are from your Arcade platform then those playlists use the emulator they are assigned in the Arcade platform. You can edit those playlist games to use a different emulator, but if you run the Mame full set importer again and have it redo those playlists everything will be set to launch with Mame.

Retro808, sorry, but to " run the Mame full set importer again" I have to previously delete all the arcade playlists and arcade platform that I had, right?

1 minute ago, xevious1974 said:

Retro808, sorry, but to " run the Mame full set importer again" I have to previously delete all the arcade playlists and arcade platform that I had, right?

No, you can just run it again pointing at the new romset and the new version of the emulator.

1 minute ago, xevious1974 said:

You do not need to. If you used the full importer the first time you can just run it over top. The full import option does not actually import anything like the normal rom file does. It just list the games based off of the Mame.xml.

1 minute ago, neil9000 said:

No, you can just run it again pointing at the new romset and the new version of the emulator.

1 minute ago, Retro808 said:

You do not need to. If you used the full importer the first time you can just run it over top. The full import option does not actually import anything like the normal rom file does. It just list the games based off of the Mame.xml.

thank you for your reply !!! I have searched for this info a lot.

So I can change something like adding playlists or "importing" different rom (like no chd for example)?

Then I'll delete the old romset manually, right?