LaunchBox Community Forums

Online database update to local database broken/disabled?

kurzih

Hi!

I submitted this entry a few days ago and and it was also approved a few days ago:
https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/games/details/161189

And now when downloading the database, even using "Force Update GameBase Metadata", it doesn't find the entry at all on the Launchbox App. This has never happened before, any idea why the online database latest update's aren't updated/transmitted to the local database?

Or is there a bug in that entry? Or is the update from the Web database to the "Launch App/Sync" database disabled right now? Could you please check, thank you!

PS. I've added a tone of missing entries during these past 3 years and normally after a new entry has been approved it's automatically updated the following day to the Launchbox App downloadable database at a certain hour (for me it's around 11am local time). If it fails to be approved by that time, then it gets updated 24hrs later or something. But never longer than that.

Yes, me too. Before doing a new post I have searched if someone is experiencing this.

I have:

-Into the Pit 

Proposed 2022-04-18 @ 3:32 AM

Accepted
2022-04-18
7:42 PM

-Heroes from the Past: Joan of Arc

Proposed 2022-04-13 @ 2:37 PM

Accepted
2022-04-13
5:35 PM

Usually after 48 h I can update my games. I have updated game data base 3 times, the last one about 1 hours ago, but nothing. tried also to research modifying a little the title but nothing.

Any clues?

• 1 year later...

Hi, I have been experiencing this same issue lately. I can't fetch images for my games nor I can update my Launchbox. Is this issue still ongoing? I can download files through my browser a thigh speed and I can update Steam too. I'm at loss here.

8 hours ago, Veltiel said:

Hi, I have been experiencing this same issue lately. I can't fetch images for my games nor I can update my Launchbox. Is this issue still ongoing? I can download files through my browser a thigh speed and I can update Steam too. I'm at loss here.

Just to let you know the issue in this thread is not the same as what is reported by you here. This was an issue where new uploads to the database weren't being reflected in the app due to a failed scheduled process on the server, which was then quickly fixed shortly after.

I see... Well, I'm at loss. I can't fix my Launchbox. Every option that requires connecting to LB servers gets the "Time Out" error. And no one here can help me. I scanned my computer for viruses with Esset and I'm virus free. Other launchers/emulators can update without any problems and I can download files at a descent speed. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Launchbox but nothing. I can manually put my game images and info, though...

• faeran locked this topic
8 minutes ago, Veltiel said:

I see... Well, I'm at loss. I can't fix my Launchbox. Every option that requires connecting to LB servers gets the "Time Out" error. And no one here can help me. I scanned my computer for viruses with Esset and I'm virus free. Other launchers/emulators can update without any problems and I can download files at a descent speed. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Launchbox but nothing. I can manually put my game images and info, though...

Going to lock this thread since this thread is referring to an old issue that was resolved over a year and a half ago, and I see you already opened up a separate topic with your current user issue, which is a better place to continue the discussion.