LaunchBox Community Forums

Cannot get Arcadia 2001 to launch with MAME 0.243

poodadoo

Arcade games work fine... Arcadia 2001 doesn't.

image.thumb.png.4690a85a2435680f6b15546679ec298d.png

Attaching the mame.ini as well... When I run it manually via command prompt, no issues...

The only thing I can think of is that my roms directory is empty because I have all my roms under a F:\Launchbox\Games heirarchy while the emulator is F:\Launchbox\Emulators\Mame

mame.ini

51 minutes ago, poodadoo said:

When I run it manually via command prompt, no issues

I'm guessing when you run it from the command prompt, your full command line has "the/full/path/to/the/romname.zip" at the end?  (vs. just romname itself with no path and no quotes)

Even if my assumption is wrong, try editing the Default Command-Line Parameters for Emerson Arcadia 2001 and add 

-rompath %romlocation%

Also, you should be able to remove "-cart".  So you'd have:

arcadia -nowindow -skip_gameinfo -rompath %romlocation%

3 minutes ago, poodadoo said:

I use the ..\.. notation, but yes, it's the full relative path.

Which leads me to my next guess then.  In the Details section for your MAME emulator, both Remove Quotes and Remove file extension and folder path are checked.

7 minutes ago, JoeViking245 said:

Where those 2 boxes checked before?  They should have been.  My last comment was probably misleading.  When using "-rompath %romlocation%" in the command line, you DO want them checked.

They were checked initially.

Well, here's an interesting development:

image.thumb.png.7bdd9cdf907db67cf430eade1161b365.png

I was running RomVault organizing some other directories and noticed this... Apparently it's setting my "ROMS" directory as the default directory for mame because it's creating a arcadia.cfg and default.cfg under \cfg as if ..\launchbox\games\consoles\emerson\arcadia 2001 would be where mame.exe is located so I clearly have some pathing issue not correct.

The command line (in which you've added "-rompath %romlocation%") will supersede the rompath in an ini file.  Be it mame.ini or arcadia.ini.  I don't think console.cfg files even store the rompath location.  But for MAME to read that particular cfg file, you have to set the cfg_directory in mame.ini (or arcadia.ini [if you have one]) to include the path you show in the image.  But I really don't think you want to (need to) do that.  

The only reason you'd want to setup a cfg file for a console is if you're going to create save states for the game(s).

Did you re-check those 2 boxes and try it again?  Because it should just work.  (assuming you still have the same command line you show a couple posts up)

Here's what I have

image.png.ef236998de70cadcc629cc8f8d2bbc82.png

image.png.e8b4b961e02de3045f497e92941c28ad.png

So I'm going to post what I did to fix this... whether it's right or not is subjective....

1. Unchecked "Remove Quotes" and "Remove file extension and folder path."

2. Used the default command line parameters "arcadia -skip_gameinfo -cart"

Those parameters, combined with passing the fully quoted, full path to the rom seemed to fix it for me.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...