LaunchBox Community Forums

BigBox Unified Redux Marquee

Hello,

I had to update my MAME and when I went into the arcade platform my marquee on my artwork just stays on Arcade Classics and does not show the marquee. Been racking my brain trying to figure what happened but more or less coming up with a solution to bring it back. I have a pic to explain what I'm seeing on the arcade marquee. Can someone point me in the right direction to change it to the games marquee?

IMG_0639.jpg

Edited by Shoot3rmcgavin

@C-Beats That theme does not use the actual marquee image on the main screen. It is a background image of a cabinet and a default marquee in it.

@Shoot3rmcgavin If you are expecting the "Arcade Classics" portion of the image in the marquee to change with each game it does not do that in this theme. That is a static image.

If you go into the theme's folder \Unified Redux\Images\Theme\Background\ you will see each of the images used. The exact image used is attached. There are specific images for each named platform when you use this theme.

Arcade Classics.png

17 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

@C-Beats That theme does not use the actual marquee image on the main screen. It is a background image of a cabinet and a default marquee in it.

@Shoot3rmcgavin If you are expecting the "Arcade Classics" portion of the image in the marquee to change with each game it does not do that in this theme. That is a static image.

If you go into the theme's folder \Unified Redux\Images\Theme\Background\ you will see each of the images used. The exact image used is attached. There are specific images for each named platform when you use this theme.

Arcade Classics.png

What I get for answering first thing in the morning.... Didn't even notice that was an image from the theme itself....

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Shoot3rmcgavin said:

@C-Beats and @Retro808 Thank you for pointing that out. By chance do you know of a theme that does swap out the marquee or does what I'm trying to do? Just inquiring.

I believe Unified Refried does this. I do not remember if Faeren's remake Unified CTC does or not. You might want to check that out and see if it does state that in the notes.

Edited:

Looking at Faeren's version looks like it does the same thing as the original Unified and Unified Redux. So Unified Refried might be your best bet.

It is possible you can take Unified CTC theme files and edit the theme in the Community Theme Creator to do this. If that is something you may want to mess with.

• Like 1

On 5/23/2022 at 6:21 PM, Shoot3rmcgavin said:

@Retro808 I'm having issues with swapping themes in and out the platforms are the same but the games are different I deleted unified and installed Refried but the same results and the marquee is the same as well. Do I need a clean install of LB/BB?

Honestly not sure. I have not bothered with that theme in years. I just remember that was one of the features the theme creator mentioning in his support thread. I will try and take a look at the theme.

• Like 1