LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox opens Redream menu instead of game in multi-disc games

k_rollo

Hi LB Team/Community,

I managed to point bin/cue games to the cue file for single-disc games and LB starts the game directly. Awesome!

However, the same solution does not seem to work for multi-disc games with 1 cue file per disc. Below is the process in which I imported the ROM:

lb_1.thumb.png.c4816c0fed1929d255e7fd6ed84cc122.png

lb_2.thumb.png.1d6d8288be10e4461022abe5255bf796.png

lb_3.thumb.png.d89515e19749e9925da254604ee8d9de.png

lb_4.thumb.png.29e15077d73cef2ac0d57854c081b018.png

Hoping you can help me with anything amiss. Cheers!

1 hour ago, k_rollo said:

Hi LB Team/Community,

I managed to point bin/cue games to the cue file for single-disc games and LB starts the game directly. Awesome!

However, the same solution does not seem to work for multi-disc games with 1 cue file per disc. Below is the process in which I imported the ROM:

lb_1.thumb.png.c4816c0fed1929d255e7fd6ed84cc122.png

lb_2.thumb.png.1d6d8288be10e4461022abe5255bf796.png

lb_3.thumb.png.d89515e19749e9925da254604ee8d9de.png

lb_4.thumb.png.29e15077d73cef2ac0d57854c081b018.png

Hoping you can help me with anything amiss. Cheers!

What are you actually asking here? Your images show you importing two discs for alone in the dark, and those images are exactly what you should see when importing, so i'm not sure as to the issue you are actually enquiring about.

Thought it was pretty obvious. LaunchBox is not loading the game directly for multi-disc but instead loads the Redream menu. How do you make LaunchBox load to the game? Pointing to the cue files does not work.

Edited by k_rollo

Go to Tools > Manage Emulators and select Redream and press edit. Then go to the Associated Platforms tab. Uncheck the "Use M3U Playlists for Multiple Discs" and press OK then launch the game. Redream doesn't list .m3u file support on their page and so I'm assuming in an event it's asked to open a file it doesn't support it just loads to the menu.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Go to Tools > Manage Emulators and select Redream and press edit. Then go to the Associated Platforms tab. Uncheck the "Use M3U Playlists for Multiple Discs" and press OK then launch the game. Redream doesn't list .m3u file support on their page and so I'm assuming in an event it's asked to open a file it doesn't support it just loads to the menu.

I knew staff would know what I was talking about! Thanks C-Beats, that solved it. Good to know the reason behind it also.