LaunchBox Community Forums

Sega CD issues

The Hillarican

I added my Sega CD collection, and it seems that Retroarch loads up fine (using Genesis Plus GX).  I get that far, but then it's a blank screen after that.  Sometimes, I can't even ESC out of it either.   I've searched around for info, but couldn't find anything.  Any suggestions? 

Just now, The Hillarican said:

Also, Hi @faeran!  Usually I can find stuff about little issues that come up but this one was really weird.  I have the bios_CD-e, J, and U files.  I have them in the System folder for Retroarch, just to verify, that's the correct folder right? 

Does Retroarch actually identify them as the correct files and state they are present? Just cause the name matches doesn't mean its the correct file. Retroarch wants the exact files with the exact same md5 checksum as they satate on their website.

Sega - MS/GG/MD/CD (Genesis Plus GX) - Libretro Docs

27 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Does Retroarch actually identify them as the correct files and state they are present? Just cause the name matches doesn't mean its the correct file. Retroarch wants the exact files with the exact same md5 checksum as they satate on their website.

Sega - MS/GG/MD/CD (Genesis Plus GX) - Libretro Docs

Ah hah!  I think this is where the issue lies.   The files I have are .img and .ccd.   I need to convert them.  I did not see them on the list.  Thank you @neil9000!   I'll convert one and see if this fixes it. 

29 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

Do your games work when you load through RA on its own ?
Did you import the cue file or the bin file into LB ? You want the cue file only in LB and don't tell LB to move or copy your files, tell it to leave them where they are.

That was a strange thing too.  In RA, if I pointed to the game, it wanted to load a different core all together.  Should have been the first sign right there.  I'm gonna convert one of these to the bin/cue format and see if it works.