LaunchBox Community Forums

How do I disable the Scanlines filter on videos in BigBox themes?

Fugus

9 hours ago, Fugus said:

Got the BarTop theme installed and works pretty good, but it wants to put a scanline filter on the video snaps. How do I disable the filter?

Every custom theme is different. The author of the theme decides how they want to incorporate elements into it, so it's always a good idea to make a comment on the theme's file page and ask there.

However, looking at this particular theme, it looks like it uses a Scaneline.png file located inside of BarTop\Images\Theme

I would assume if you remove that file, the scanline would no longer appear.

2 hours ago, Fugus said:

I don't know where "Background Opacity" is as an option, I found "Background Fade" and I know BarTop is an old theme, did they change the name of the setting since it was last updated?

Background Fade is the opacity option. That may be a typo from the theme creator as it has been Background Fade for as long as I know it.

You may need to edit the theme. Since BB now has theme overrides that get applied per theme some of the BB UI menu options will not override a theme. So if the theme is using a scanline.png your best bet if the Background Fade no longer affects it is to edit the theme.

Go into the \Views folder of the Bartop theme and edit the xaml file for the view you are using. If I remember that theme right the creator labeled the sections of code so look for a line labeled for the Scanline Affect. Since you said removing the image threw errors then I would delete the line of code for the Scanline. When you find that section in the xml file delete it. Then save the file.

Make a backup of the original in case you mess up.

EDITED:

Just looked at the code and you want to delete this section in any of the views you are using.

<!-- SCANLINE EFFECT -->
            <Rectangle Grid.Row="0" Grid.Column="0" Grid.ColumnSpan="25" Grid.RowSpan="18">
                <Rectangle.Fill>
                    <ImageBrush ImageSource="pack://siteoforigin:,,,/Themes/barTop/Images/Theme/Scanline.png" Viewport="0,0,15,5" ViewportUnits="Absolute" TileMode="Tile" Opacity="{Binding BackgroundFade}" />
                </Rectangle.Fill>
            </Rectangle>

<!-- SCANLINE EFFECT -->
     <Rectangle Grid.Row="0" Grid.Column="0" Grid.ColumnSpan="25" Grid.RowSpan="18">
         <Rectangle.Fill>
              <ImageBrush ImageSource="pack://siteoforigin:,,,/Themes/barTop/Images/Theme/Scanline.png" Viewport="0,0,15,5" ViewportUnits="Absolute" TileMode="Tile" Opacity="{Binding BackgroundFade}" />
         </Rectangle.Fill>
      </Rectangle>