LaunchBox Community Forums

Nintendo bezels not working.

MarkRMWalker

Love the new bezel option wit 12.12 and have been updating all platforms to include them. However, I can’t get the bezels to work with SNES and GameCube. All other platforms I have updated (about 12 or so) work fine.

The config files are in the config folder of retroarch and they point to the bezel folder inside the overlay folder of retrorch. Everything looks to have been setup the same as the working platforms except the bezels don’t display in the two Nintendo systems.

Im at a loss trying to figure this one out. Any help appreciated.

Edited by MarkRMWalker

I am using the cores selected by Launchbox in this case “snes9x_libretro” for SNES and “dolphin_libretro” for the GC

in the Retroarch/config folder there are a number of folders relating to the various system cores. There are 5 folders named Snes9x and various year 2002, 2005, 2005 plus, 2010 appended. Inside those folders are duplicated .cfg files named after the games installed for the SNES platform. 

There are 3 Dolphin related folders all having the relevant .cfg files for installed games except for the dolphin-emu folder. 

Those .cfg file point to the corresponding input_overlay  .cfg file in :/overlays/GameBezels/SNES/ or  :/overlays/GameBezels/GC.

The text in the various .cfg files appear to be the same (depending on system and game) as all the other installed platforms except the bezels don’t display when running the games.

Edited by MarkRMWalker

For GameCube, try reinstalling. I made a modification to the configuration on GitHub.

Not sure for SNES. That is one that is usually no problem to get working. Have you checked to make sure your SNES rom names match the cfg files found in the Retroarch\config\snes directory?