LaunchBox Community Forums

A few hard crashes on 12.14-7

NicoDirkfan

On 7/29/2022 at 11:07 PM, NicoDirkfan said:

Anyone else had crashes?  Even in all the other betas I've tried over the past year I haven't seen this.  I'll be scrolling around looking at games, then it will crash and kick out to the desktop, and I'll lose my mouse pointer as well.  

Could you post any errors you are seeing in the beta thread so we can take a look into whatever error you're seeing and get it resolved before the final release?

Thanks Jason!  I'm going to be testing it out quite a bit over the next few days, so I'll let you know.  One issue I can't resolve on mine right now - the 3D boxes won't flip to the back cover in LaunchBox or in BigBox.  They use to work fine a few months ago.  Actually they appear to flip, but they flip directly to the front cover again.  All images are located in the directories as they were downloaded.  Any ideas what could be causing the issue?  I've refreshed the image cache, and used the tools to clean the media images - over 120k duplicates found and not all could be deleted which I thought was really strange.

Anyways, I just posted about this in the troubleshooting forum and posted a couple of screenshots.  Please let me know if you can help.  Thanks!

Edited by NicoDirkfan

4 minutes ago, NicoDirkfan said:

Thanks Jason!  I'm going to be testing it out quite a bit over the next few days, so I'll let you know.  One issue I can't resolve on mine right now - the 3D boxes won't flip to the back cover in LaunchBox or in BigBox.  They use to work fine a few months ago.  Actually they appear to flip, but they flip directly to the front cover again.  All images are located in the directories as they were downloaded.  Any ideas what could be causing the issue?  I've refreshed the image cache, and used the tools to clean the media images - over 120k duplicates found and not all could be deleted which I thought was really strange.

Anyways, I just posted about this in the troubleshooting forum and posted a couple of screenshots.  Please let me know if you can help.  Thanks!

3D boxes don't have back covers, so that would be why. Generally you can only "flip" box fronts and not 3D boxes. I don't think that changed recently, but I could be wrong.

Thanks - Can you tell me how to enable the 2D boxes that flip in Bigbox?  I feel like it's confusing when all along I've had the option to flip boxes, but I never saw anywhere that specifically said 3D boxes can't be flipped.  

On a separate note - is it possible to exit a PC game with a running script so I can quit the game with one press of a button on my gamepad?

15 hours ago, NicoDirkfan said:

Thanks - Can you tell me how to enable the 2D boxes that flip in Bigbox?  I feel like it's confusing when all along I've had the option to flip boxes, but I never saw anywhere that specifically said 3D boxes can't be flipped.

Open Big Box and navigate to the Options screen. Go to Images section and change Game Image Type to Boxes

15 hours ago, NicoDirkfan said:

On a separate note - is it possible to exit a PC game with a running script so I can quit the game with one press of a button on my gamepad?

You shouldn't kill a PC game with a script or binding as it can corrupt your data for that game if you time the kill wrong. That being said you can bind to the "Close Active Window" binding in Big Box to achieve what you want.