LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox Game Navigation

denmiclaw

Wasn't sure where to post this, so here goes.

In Launchbox, not BigBox - and on the default theme - when browsing your games, using the arrow keys can move the selection up, right, down and left..  what I can't seem to figure out is of there's a way to make it drop down to the next line in order..  for example, if I have 5 games on my top row, and I'm at game #5, I can't hit left and go alphabetically  to the 1st game in the next row - I have to back up 5 and drop down..   I realize I can use my mouse, but sometimes I just like to browse games in order..

Thanks!!

It would also be a lot of help to not only jump to the first letter, but like in Windows Explorer, hitting HU takes you straight away to that letter combination. If you have f.ex 200 games with letter S, typing S takes you to the first game starting with S and you’ll need to scroll a lot. If I wanna edit a game starting with SP it would be very helpful to reach it by just typing in both letters SP. 

12 minutes ago, DeadVoivod said:

It would also be a lot of help to not only jump to the first letter, but like in Windows Explorer, hitting HU takes you straight away to that letter combination. If you have f.ex 200 games with letter S, typing S takes you to the first game starting with S and you’ll need to scroll a lot. If I wanna edit a game starting with SP it would be very helpful to reach it by just typing in both letters SP. 

LaunchBox already supports this. Click on a game in the grid so that the grid has keyboard focus and then start typing your navigation string and it will take you to the first item that starts with said string like you are describing.