LaunchBox Community Forums

3D boxes flip from front to front, won't flip to back image

NicoDirkfan

I'm on the latest stable release of 12.14.  This issue has been ongoing for a while and I don't know how to fix it.  3D boxes flip from front to front, but won't flip to show the back of the box.  This feature worked perfectly a few months ago, so I'm not sure what's causing the issue.  I've tried refreshing the image cache but no luck.  The images are downloaded in the directories.  Is there a certain way to prioritize the images that makes them function correctly?  

I also just tried tools, and cleaning up the media images for all platforms, and then it said I had over 123,000 duplicates??  Even weirder - 3857 couldn't be deleted because the file was in use?  How is that even possible?  (screenshots attached)  I rebooted my PC, went straight into Launchbox and then ran the media cleanup, so I don't understand how they could be in use.

I would really appreciate if someone could help me resolve this.  THanks!

268111937_Imagemediacleanupduplicatefiles.thumb.jpg.9b0caba6d21e96100dc391bb99d219d8.jpg2134773515_cantdelete.thumb.jpg.404e952aa3cfd9736383cb89d88302bd.jpg

40 minutes ago, NicoDirkfan said:

3D boxes flip from front to front, but won't flip to show the back of the box

3D boxes don't have a back image type. This feature works with 2D boxes and carts since there is a Box - Back and a Cart - Back image type. 3D boxes don't have a back image type to flip to.

Regarding the duplicates that tends to happen (especially with older builds) when scraping against both the GamesDB and EmuMovies for the same image types. The newer versions of LaunchBox do a far better job of NOT doing that, but if your collection is before those changes I could see you having a large number of duplicate items like that.

Hmm, in the past I could have sworn using the default theme and being able to flip the boxes.  Also, why does it have the option to flip box if it's not possible?  Definitely confusing unless it specifically says that somewhere and I overlooked it.  Maybe I used to have 2D boxes enabled?  So how do I view 2D boxes in Bigbox so that I can flip them again?  THanks for your help!

If you want to avail of a work-around for 3D Box flipping you will need to re-assign their fields in LaunchBox.
Currently there are six flippable fields:
Advertisement Flyer Front / Advertisement Flyer Back
Box Front / Box Back
Box Front Reconstructed/ Box Back Reconstructed
Cart Front / Cart Back
Fanart Box Front / Fanart Box Back
Fanart Cart Front / Fanart Cart Back

You may (or may not) need to reorder your LaunchBox media priorities and also change (or not change) your BigBox Game Image Type view depending on your choice of new fields for your 3D images.

15 hours ago, NicoDirkfan said:

Hmm, in the past I could have sworn using the default theme and being able to flip the boxes.  Also, why does it have the option to flip box if it's not possible?  Definitely confusing unless it specifically says that somewhere and I overlooked it.  Maybe I used to have 2D boxes enabled?  So how do I view 2D boxes in Bigbox so that I can flip them again?  THanks for your help!

In Big Box navigate to Options > Images and change the first option (Game Image Type) to Boxes

Thanks - but that only seemed to help for maybe one or two platforms.  Most of my boxes are flipping, but the flip to the front again.

Another question - I thought I remember seeing the cartridges too, and I was able to flip those.  Is that only possible depending on what theme you are using?  Can you tell me which themes allow you to see cartridges as well?

Thanks!