LaunchBox Community Forums

Trouble importing Big Buck Hunter games in MAME

gStAv

Hi! I try to setup the Big Buck Hunter series of the 4 MAME (verson 0.244) titles (or is there more??)

Big Buck Hunter - Shooter's Challange (bbhsc)
Big Buck Hunter (v1.00.14) (bbh_160.zip)
Big Buck Hunter - Call of the WIld (bbhcotw.zip)
Big Buck Hunter II - Sportsmans' Paradise (bbh2sp)

Problem I'm having is that there is only  bbh_160.zip and bbhcotw.zip
The rest of the games seems to be CHDs only without a zip-file to point to when importig in Launchbox so I have no file to reffer to in the importer.

Any pointers on how to proceed with this would be greatly appreciated? 😢

20 minutes ago, gStAv said:

Hi! I try to setup the Big Buck Hunter series of the 4 MAME (verson 0.244) titles (or is there more??)

Big Buck Hunter - Shooter's Challange (bbhsc)
Big Buck Hunter (v1.00.14) (bbh_160.zip)
Big Buck Hunter - Call of the WIld (bbhcotw.zip)
Big Buck Hunter II - Sportsmans' Paradise (bbh2sp)

Problem I'm having is that there is only  bbh_160.zip and bbhcotw.zip
The rest of the games seems to be CHDs only without a zip-file to point to when importig in Launchbox so I have no file to reffer to in the importer.

Any pointers on how to proceed with this would be greatly appreciated? 😢

You may be able to create a dummy file. Just create a new notepad file, set the name as the same as the CHD and change the file type from .txt to .zip and import that. I seem to remember this working for those golf games that are CHD only, but i'm remembering back several years at this point.

• Thanks 1

bbh_160.zip won't do you much good as that ROM is for Stern's pinball machine.  ;)  Use bbh.zip instead

At least in a non-merged MAME full-set, all 4 games will have a zip file even though (other than COTW) they're CHD only.

For the games that are missing, you could click the plus ( + ) sign in the lower right corner of LaunchBox, and manually add them.  In the Launching section, have it point to your MAME ROMs folder and then add to the path bbh2sp.zip (even though the file doesn't (or may not) actually exist).  LB will still send "bbh2sp" to MAME, and MAME will know what to do.

Adding a new text file to your ROMs folder that is renamed to the "short_name" .zip as @neil9000 suggested will work too.  i.e. "bbh.zip", "bbhsc.zip" and "bbh2sp.zip"   Then you can just drag-and-drop those files onto to LaunchBox to import them.

Thanks both of you! I did the blank dummy files for the three gams lacking rom files "bbh.zip", "bbhsc.zip" and "bbh2sp.zip" and it worked just fine adding them in Launchbox, :D

Anyone got "Big Buck Hunter: Call of the Wild" working in fullscreen with the guns? Works for all games but without bezel the aim is off even when calibrated using gun4ir. just a side note though. Happy to got iy up running

• Game On 1