LaunchBox Community Forums

Save states don’t work with Dolphin MMJR

splitsurround

I’m using an Odin pro. If I launch a gamecube game through launchbox, once in the game if I go to load a save state, I’ll see none available to load. 

if I load that same game in dolphin mmjr outside of launchbox, I see save states just fine. 

i did a little testing, and if I make save state after launching with LB, it will in fact save that state: I just can’t see it until I launch the game directly from the emulator. 

this…is a pretty big bummer, I hope it can be fixed soon

11 minutes ago, splitsurround said:

Yeah I didn’t know about it affecting other front ends which of course means it’s not a launchbox issue. 

the crappy thing is that dolphin mmjr, according to the developer, isn’t going to be updated again so…this is likely what we’re stuck with. 

Yes, unfortunately, that's probably true. :/

• 1 year later...

I kinda had a similar issues recently which I fixed:

This only happened to me when I wanted to move my save files from my phone to my odin2. If I ran FF7 via Launchbox, my saves were there. If I launched directly in Retroarch, nothing.

My issue was that LaunchBox was making a M3U file for my roms, so when I booted up my roms directly no save info was being found since the save files were linked with the M3U instead of the rom itself.

Ergo, Im also pretty sure this issue is to do with the way LaunchBox launches rom files.