LaunchBox Community Forums

Pure

I created Pure to be a lightweight custom LaunchBox for Android theme for my Retroid Pocket 2+. This means that it's geared towards a 640x480 screen, is not optimized for portrait mode, and only uses box front images. This theme also demonstrates the use of a resource dictionary of colors that is used to change the frame color around the selected item based on the game's platform. A launching view is also included.

1.thumb.jpg.4c641e30c78f2b8c29066c54dd1955eb.jpg

What's Included

• Text list with box - Game View
  • Startup - Launching View

Installation Instructions

• Extract the [theme folder] from zip file (Make sure you do not create a second folder while extracting, creating a [theme folder]\[theme folder]\files situation.
  • Place folder on your Android device, inside of the LaunchBox\Themes folder.
  • In LaunchBox for Android, navigate to intended View and click on the top-right menu button and select Change View, and choose the correct theme view

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, d0rkblad3 said:

Are there any resources you could recommend for learning how to create/modify themes?

Edit: Sorry, probably the wrong place to ask.

If you have LaunchBox for Android installed, check out the Documentation.pdf file, which will be located in your LaunchBox\Themes folder on your device.

Here's a quick intro video you can watch as well:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, viking said:

Excellent theme @faeran, as always!

Test on the 1080p of my Odin (Lite). Works like a charm!
Adopted as my main theme on Android 😃

Maybe a version with the BoxArt that, after 3-4sec, fades to gamePlayVideo? :x

PXL_20220830_084948347.thumb.jpg.94c2c42437f9226ba59ad60c9bf0c0b8.jpg

Good to know that migrated well to the Odin.

Sounds like a good idea, however Xamarin.Forms doesn't actually have native animation support, so we may be stuck there at the moment.

5 minutes ago, faeran said:

Good to know that migrated well to the Odin.

Sounds like a good idea, however Xamarin.Forms doesn't actually have native animation support, so we may be stuck there at the moment.

No real need for animation in this case, I think.
A quick fade would be fine, but even without animation, it's nice to have a video preview before launching the game.

Yes yes, excuse me, I always have trouble transmitting my ideas in English =/

Even without any animation, it would be cool!
Unless I didn't understand:   switching from BoxArt to Video is already an animation? Even without any "visible graphic" animation?

3 minutes ago, viking said:

Yes yes, excuse me, I always have trouble transmitting my ideas in English =/

Even without any animation, it would be cool!
Unless I didn't understand:   switching from BoxArt to Video is already an animation? Even without any "visible graphic" animation?

Yeah, after the page renders, it would require a storyboard to say "at this time make this go away and make this appear". That's where the limitation is with Xamarin.Forms.

This is a really beautifully clean theme @faeran! Definitely my theme of choice!

Forgive my naivety but regarding the inclusion of videos; is there any possibility of overlaying boxarts that are offset on top of gameplay videos with xamarin?

Edit: No worries, I've swapped out the boxart with gameplay videos instead-- works nicely!

Screenshot_20220905-233942~2.png

Edited by Bawnanable

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, mtib said:

Hi @faeran thanks for the Theme, it fits also very well on my Odin Lite. Is it possible to change a variable on the "Text list with box.xaml" file so would capture 3D Boxes instead Front Boxes?

The Android app doesn't actually support 3D Box image type. It only supports a Box - Front image type.

You could manually change each game to use a 3D Image using the Edit Media option, but if you have a lot of games, that may not be a good solution.