LaunchBox Community Forums

Adding TeknoParrot as an emulator

Benjc

I must be missing something incredibly obvious here but TeknoParrot seems to be the first emulator I've found that isn't pre-populated in the Emulator Name drop-down when trying to add the emulator on my LB. Ignoring that and trying to add it regardless brings up the error 'Please enter at least one applicable platform in the grid'. This isn't particularly helpful as there is no grid on that dialog anywhere :/

I guess I have two questions here (the first the main issue, the second just curious):

1. What am I doing wrong in trying to add this emulator?

2. Why isn't TeknoParrot available in the Emulator Name drop-down on the Add Emulator dialog already?

Edited by Benjc

5 minutes ago, Benjc said:

I must be missing something incredibly obvious here but TeknoParrot seems to be the first emulator I've found that isn't pre-populated in the Emulator Name drop-down when trying to add the emulator on my LB. Ignoring that and trying to add it regardless brings up the error 'Please enter at least one applicable platform in the grid'. This isn't particularly helpful as there is no grid on that dialog anywhere :/

I guess I have two questions here (the first the main issue, the second just curious):

1. What am I doing wrong in trying to add this emulator?

2. Why isn't TeknoParrot available in the Emulator Name drop-down on the Add Emulator dialog already?

The emulator list is just some common ones and not a exhaustive list. As for the "error" that is not a error, it is simply saying that you need to tell Launchbox what platform the emulator is going to be used for, and you need to type that platform name into the "Associated Platform" tab that is on the same window you are currently on.

11 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

The emulator list is just some common ones and not a exhaustive list. As for the "error" that is not a error, it is simply saying that you need to tell Launchbox what platform the emulator is going to be used for, and you need to type that platform name into the "Associated Platform" tab that is on the same window you are currently on.

Ah... okay, cheers for that! I guess I'm just used to LB having everything already set up and it threw me when it wasn't for once (I hadn't realised TeknoParrot was such a rarely added emulator)

I'd still argue that message is not at all helpful given you have to switch to an entirely different tab to access the grid. By describing it as 'the grid' one would expect said grid to be actually visible at the point the message occurs. Perhaps saying '... the Associated Platforms grid' might clarify things a little. Sorry to be nit-picky :)

Edited by Benjc

• 5 months later...

Thanks.  I got reshade to load. so Im good now.  Trying to figure out how to change the resolution on transformers from 1280 x 720 to 1366 x 768. any ideas?

As for the solution, in case anyone wants to know...  Drop the reshader folder into the openparrot folder

Edited by latin625