LaunchBox Community Forums

Arcade Marquee and Consoles

Rastan350

Hi all,

I have a marquee and what I'd like to do is use the platform marquee for ALL games for a specific platform (NES, etc). The marquees are limited for these and they look horrible when trying to display the box art and stretching it obviously. Is there a way to just set it to use the platform image instead of the game?

Other thought was add the platform image to each game as an arcade marquee, but I don't see any way to bulk add the image to all the games.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Nick

Edited by Rastan350

Sounds like you may be using a custom theme with an older version of the Game Marquee View file.

You can solve this a number of ways, but the easiest way would be to go into Options > Marquee Screen, and enabling the option to Ignore Theme Marquee Views

57 minutes ago, faeran said:

Sounds like you may be using a custom theme with an older version of the Game Marquee View file.

You can solve this a number of ways, but the easiest way would be to go into Options > Marquee Screen, and enabling the option to Ignore Theme Marquee Views

I think I may have tried that but I will take another look, thanks for the reply.

2 hours ago, faeran said:

So that did seem to work but one thing I see is that my arcade marquees are really low resolution compared to before. I think I was using some marquee add on / XML. I do like how for the console stuff it is now showing the logo and box art in the background. Just not sure how to get the arcade ones to display in high resolution. I tried messing with the couple options on the marquee section but was no help. Any ideas.. thanks again!

This is potentially because FlowImage uses cached image when possible. You could copy Defaults GameMarqueeView.xaml to what ever theme you're using then in the FlowImage control named "MarqueeImage" add the following property to the control UseImageCache="False". This will make the control use the raw image in full size and not the smaller cache file

16 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

This is potentially because FlowImage uses cached image when possible. You could copy Defaults GameMarqueeView.xaml to what ever theme you're using then in the FlowImage control named "MarqueeImage" add the following property to the control UseImageCache="False". This will make the control use the raw image in full size and not the smaller cache file

That worked, thank you for the quick reponse!