LaunchBox Community Forums

*Updated Jan '24* | 714 Platforms | 701 Playlists | Over 880,000 Games & More | with Updated Zipped Platform & Playlist .xml folders and Platform Icons. Will this ever end?

-McFly-

I'm curious about a few if you can share:

Adventure Game Studio: Do you have clear logos or box art? I downloaded an archive a while ago but haven't gotten around to including it in my collection.

Tic-80: Same question and does this run through Retroarch?

Uzebox: As above.

Quiz Machines: Are these the ones included in MAME already?

Great collection BTW, it's easily the biggest I've seen.

7 minutes ago, liereyes said:

Anlatır mısın veya retroarch hangi çekirdeği kullanıyor yoksa emülatör 

Retroarch PC6001'i desteklemiyor, PC6001V kullanın -https://emutopia.com/index.php?option=com_cobalt&task=files.download&tmpl=component&id=5377&fid=20&fidx=2&rid=526&return=aHR0cHM6Ly9lbXV0b3BpYS5jb20vaW5kZXgucGhwL2 VtdWxhdG9ycy9pdGVtLzM0Ni1uZWMtcGMtNjAwMS81MjYtcGM2MDAxdg%3D%3D
Edited by -McFly-

Hi @-McFly- I couldn't run some platforms like Alech64 and you set the snes9x2010_libretro core in Launchbox's Emulator option.

If I request to upload the emulators folder. Can you send it?
Some emulator settings are needed for certain situations. I don't want games of course. Only Emulators, please.

Edited by eonder87
typo

There are 2 reasons I can't upload my entire Emulators folder... 1. - some of the emulators need to have their rom files inside their specific emulator folder, and 2. - it's over 200Gb. Sorry. I may be able to upload individual Emu folders tho.

3 hours ago, sargon69er said:

any help on  PiPP!N by Bandai can not get it going..thx

There only seems to be 1 'working' emulator right now, https://sheepshaver.cebix.net/ but I can't get it working either... even inside BeOS.

"SheepShaver

Apple Pippin isn't a hardware profile SheepShaver emulates: SheepShaver emulates a generalized PPC Mac based on a beige PPC604 hardware profile, IIRC. It doesn't know about Pippin hardware. You can, however, run many Pippin CD software titles on Mac OS 7.5 if you read Japanese, as Pippin was based on the PPC Mac and designed to run a modified Mac OS 7.5, so the applications use the standard Mac toolbox. But you won't get the Pippin interface, or be able to use Pippin controllers, or games that depend on them. See this thread for more details.[1]
MAME

To emulate the Pippin, you need to use MAME, which has the only Pippin emulator available although it's not supported yet. Setting it up is rather complex, and you'll need the Pippin ROMs and CD images and the correct Pippin profile for the version of MAME you're using.[1]"
Edited by -McFly-

On 2/23/2024 at 1:47 AM, -McFly- said:

There only seems to be 1 'working' emulator right now, https://sheepshaver.cebix.net/ but I can't get it working either... even inside BeOS.

"SheepShaver

Apple Pippin isn't a hardware profile SheepShaver emulates: SheepShaver emulates a generalized PPC Mac based on a beige PPC604 hardware profile, IIRC. It doesn't know about Pippin hardware. You can, however, run many Pippin CD software titles on Mac OS 7.5 if you read Japanese, as Pippin was based on the PPC Mac and designed to run a modified Mac OS 7.5, so the applications use the standard Mac toolbox. But you won't get the Pippin interface, or be able to use Pippin controllers, or games that depend on them. See this thread for more details.[1]
MAME

To emulate the Pippin, you need to use MAME, which has the only Pippin emulator available although it's not supported yet. Setting it up is rather complex, and you'll need the Pippin ROMs and CD images and the correct Pippin profile for the version of MAME you're using.[1]"

There's a way you can set up SheepShaver with Launchbox however it's extremely complicated.

Read https://maxpleaner.github.io/tutorials/sheepshaver_launcher.html. This tutorial is for MacOS PPC games however it works for Pippin as well

• Like 1