LaunchBox Community Forums

How do I prevent music from stopping (when clicking away) in Launchbox?

xevidroid

3 hours ago, xevidroid said:

I'd like to keep music playing when the window is not in focus.

It seems like there used to be support for this: 

The proposed solution doesn't seem to work anymore. Is there any way to keep the music playing after you click away from the LB window?

If you turn off Auto-Play Music (located in View > Media), then next time you hit the play music button it will continue to play.

This is true, thanks for the reply. This does change the behavior quite a bit though. Now every time I click on a game the music doesn't play, also if I click on another game then pause the music, when I hit play it will play the music from the original game and not the new one. The behavior from the auto-play option is much more desirable, and the fact that I have to turn it off to use the program as a "jukebox" of sorts is counter-intuitive and leads to a clunkier experience...just my two cents here on how I would change it. Still, at least now I know how to do what I want now, thanks.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, xevidroid said:

This is true, thanks for the reply. This does change the behavior quite a bit though. Now every time I click on a game the music doesn't play, also if I click on another game then pause the music, when I hit play it will play the music from the original game and not the new one. The behavior from the auto-play option is much more desirable, and the fact that I have to turn it off to use the program as a "jukebox" of sorts is counter-intuitive and leads to a clunkier experience...just my two cents here on how I would change it. Still, at least now I know how to do what I want now, thanks.

Yes, this is essentially how it works, which allowed users to play a certain track while still navigating around LaunchBox, but still allowing an auto-play option for users just wanting to hear music on games they are currently selecting.

It's good to know that you are wanting to use LaunchBox as more of a jukebox experience. I know the manual play option was added for your specific usecase, but can see how it's not as desirable for you. We may review it to see if we can shore it up sometime in the future, but no guarantee on when that could be.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, faeran said:

Yes, this is essentially how it works, which allowed users to play a certain track while still navigating around LaunchBox, but still allowing an auto-play option for users just wanting to hear music on games they are currently selecting.

It's good to know that you are wanting to use LaunchBox as more of a jukebox experience. I know the manual play option was added for your specific usecase, but can see how it's not as desirable for you. We may review it to see if we can shore it up sometime in the future, but no guarantee on when that could be.

Thanks for considering my use case, being this open to creative use of the software is what makes this community and Launchbox so great. Any improvement to this would be great, although it's already functional. I personally use Launchbox as a "played games diary" and hearing the soundtrack when navigating my collection instantly brings back memories and makes me want to leave it running for a bit while I do something else. Thanks for the quick reply anyway. 

• Like 2