LaunchBox Community Forums

CPS1/CPS2/CPS3 using Retroarch

dvdbob

Hi

I've been using Retroarch to play all the Capcom Play System stuff for a while but recently things aren't working as before & if I've changed something accidently I have no idea what that might be! 

Some games still work fine and some have started to give me the error 'failedto load content'

I have tried changing the cores.......

Arcade (FB Alpha 2012 CPS-1)

Arcade (FB Alpha 2012)

Arcade (FinalBurn Alpha)

Arcade (FinalBurn Neo)

I've looked at the logs created.....

I can see an entry that states '[libretro ERROR] [FBA] ROM index 0 was not found' but I have no idea what that means.  All these games were working fine until something happened - anyone got a clue what might have happened? :)

Cheers

[INFO] [Content]: Updating firmware status for: "C:\Users\Wee Room\AppData\Roaming\RetroArch\cores\fbalpha2012_cps1_libretro.dll" on "C:\Users\Wee Room\AppData\Roaming\RetroArch\system".
[INFO] [Core]: Using content: "D:\CPS1\1941.zip".
[INFO] [Core]: Content ran for a total of: 00 hours, 00 minutes, 00 seconds.
[INFO] [Core]: Unloading core..
[INFO] [Core]: Unloading core symbols..
[INFO] [Video]: Does not have enough samples for monitor refresh rate estimation. Requires to run for at least 4096 frames.
[INFO] RetroArch 1.12.0 (Git 840c448)
[INFO] === Build =======================================
[INFO] CPU Model Name: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz
[INFO] Capabilities:  MMX MMXEXT SSE SSE2 SSE3 SSE4 SSE4.2 AES AVX AVX2
[INFO] Built: Oct 17 2022
[INFO] Version: 1.12.0
[INFO] Git: 840c448
[INFO] =================================================
[INFO] [Input]: Found input driver: "dinput".
[INFO] [Core]: Loading dynamic libretro core from: "C:\Users\Wee Room\AppData\Roaming\RetroArch\cores\fbalpha2012_cps1_libretro.dll"
[INFO] [Environ]: GET_CORE_OPTIONS_VERSION.
[INFO] [Environ]: GET_LANGUAGE: "0".
[INFO] [Environ]: RETRO_ENVIRONMENT_SET_CORE_OPTIONS_V2_INTL.
[INFO] [Overrides]: Redirecting save file to "C:\Users\Wee Room\AppData\Roaming\RetroArch\saves\1941.srm".
[INFO] [Overrides]: Redirecting save state to "C:\Users\Wee Room\AppData\Roaming\RetroArch\states\1941.state".
[INFO] [Environ]: GET_LOG_INTERFACE.
[INFO] [Content]: Content loading skipped. Implementation will load it on its own.
[INFO] [Environ]: GET_SAVE_DIRECTORY.
[libretro INFO] Setting save dir to C:\Users\Wee Room\AppData\Roaming\RetroArch\saves
[INFO] [Environ]: SYSTEM_DIRECTORY: "C:\Users\Wee Room\AppData\Roaming\RetroArch\system".
[libretro INFO] Setting system dir to C:\Users\Wee Room\AppData\Roaming\RetroArch\system
[INFO] [Environ]: SET_AUDIO_BUFFER_STATUS_CALLBACK.
[libretro INFO] [FBA] Archive: 1941
[libretro ERROR] [FBA] ROM index 0 was not found ... CRC: 0x4249ec61
[ERROR] [Content]: Failed to load content

Edited by dvdbob
Spelling

It depends on the roms and what version rom set they came from, this will determine which core is compatible with them.

My advice is to always just get a proper up to date Mame rom set from the pleasuredome git page and use the version of Mame that matches that set. It will have all the arcade games including CPS.

Thanks for the reply - I never knew the ROM versions were that tightly linked to the core(s).  As I initially said everything was working fine so I'm guessing that when I updated all the cores there's a chance that I just made them incompatible with the ROM versions I have? 

There used to be a method to automatically create playlists from the arcade/mame platform.  I don't see that anymore though, maybe it's been removed.

Anyway, thanks again for the message.  

Steven