LaunchBox Community Forums

Should I get a spinner, and where the heck can I put it?

vaderag

So, I've had my cab built for a while now and am in the middle of a "refresh" of all the software after the computer died

And I feel like I want a spinner

Only problem is that I have no idea where I might put it on my panel (picture attached)

I think the answer is that I probably can't, but the only thought that comes to replace the bottom right p2 button (which rarely if ever gets used), but no idea if it then might get in the way of normal use, and if it's even in a usable position. Other idea is replacing the 2p coin, but again not sure if might feel odd there

Open to ideas/thoughts!

Thanks

DSC07008.JPG

Edited by vaderag

33 minutes ago, Drybonz said:

I have a tankstick that I modded and I drilled and put the spinner above the P1 buttons, left of the start buttons.  The layout spacing is slightly different than yours... not sure if it would work, but might.

IMG_0179.JPG

Looks good! Does the placement work there? Feel comfortable? 

Also, do you use it? A number of my spinner games have been fine with the trackball, so it's more of a "fancy" rather than a "need" at the moment!

If you are an old school guy that played these games with a spinner originally, you are definitely going to be a lot happier with the real thing.

With the spinner in that spot you can comfortable left hand it, and then map a button or two on the other side for that game if you want to.  Works fine for me.  Set your spinner down on the console and try it in different spots until you find just where you want, before you mark and cut.

Edited by Drybonz

• 1 month later...