LaunchBox Community Forums

hypseus-singe tutorial?

Johnnydement

Was checking some launchbox tutorials to configure daphne, and found they are really "old" (and a 2017 promise to make it easier ;)) but found a powerful new contender hypseus-singe.

Is there any tutorial about how to configure it? I'm seeing great things been done with upscaled games that would love to share with my kids but never managed to get daphne working! Maybe hypseus will be more foolproof?

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Anothrworld said:

Just wondering if you ever figured out how to set hypseus up with launchbox. I used batch files but when I run the games through LB it doesn’t recognize my game controller 

Did you set your joystick up in Hypseus first? (LB doesn't handle per emulator controller configuration)

The link above to the BAT files also includes a joystick configuration program to help set up your controllers. (One time process)

9 hours ago, Anothrworld said:

Just wondering if you ever figured out how to set hypseus up with launchbox. I used batch files but when I run the games through LB it doesn’t recognize my game controller 

Haven't tried yet, ad to restart collection, and I'm first creating my own NES boxes 😅

4 hours ago, Headrush69 said:

Did you set your joystick up in Hypseus first? (LB doesn't handle per emulator controller configuration)

The link above to the BAT files also includes a joystick configuration program to help set up your controllers. (One time process)

So should I be using the joystick API and not the gamepad API? These are the instructions I followed to get my controller to work: “So assuming you are using the latest version of hypseus for this to work (*2.10.1*). Yes, just take this file: https://github.com/DirtBagXon/hypseus-singe/blob/master/doc/hypinput_gamepad.ini - RENAME to `hypinput.ini` in the main folder. Then **importantly** you need to **add** the `-gamepad` argument to your `.bat` files arguments so that hypseus knows to use the gamepad format of config (*for each game bat file)*. After that, the configuration should be self explanatory in the `hypinput.ini` file you have just created.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 11/19/2022 at 10:36 PM, launchretrogirl2562 said:

the github has pretty much all the information you need.

https://github.com/DirtBagXon/hypseus-singe#install-and-run

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get these controls setup in Dragon's lair.  I am using an IPac Ultimate and have changed my player 1 buttons 1,2,3 buttons to be different from the defaults.   

I edited the hypinput.ini file so thats player 1 button 1 = RETURN, button 2= N, Button 3 = space.  I am confident of the key codes because I ran hypjsch.exe to test them.  Here is the txt from my hypinput.ini file;

[KEYBOARD]
KEY_UP = SDLK_UP 0 0 -002
KEY_DOWN = SDLK_DOWN 0 0 +002
KEY_LEFT = SDLK_LEFT 0 0 -001
KEY_RIGHT = SDLK_RIGHT 0 0 +001
KEY_COIN1 = SDLK_5 0 0
KEY_COIN2 = SDLK_6 0 0
KEY_START1 = SDLK_1 0 0
KEY_START2 = SDLK_2 0 0
KEY_BUTTON1 = SDLK_RETURN 0 0
KEY_BUTTON2 = SDLK_N 0 0
KEY_BUTTON3 = SDLK_SPACE 0 0
KEY_SKILL1 = SDLK_LSHIFT 0 0
KEY_SKILL2 = SDLK_z 0 0
KEY_SKILL3 = SDLK_x 0 0
KEY_SERVICE = SDLK_9 0 0 
KEY_TEST = SDLK_F2 SDLK_F4 0
KEY_RESET = SDLK_0 0 0
KEY_SCREENSHOT = SDLK_F12 0 0
KEY_QUIT = SDLK_ESCAPE 0 0
KEY_PAUSE = SDLK_p 0 0
KEY_CONSOLE = SDLK_BACKSLASH 0 0
KEY_TILT = SDLK_t 0 0
END

I then edited the dragons lair bat file adding the "-gamepad" switch so that it should run hypinput.ini file when it runs (or so I think).  This is the text in my .bat file;

..\hypseus.exe lair vldp -framefile vldp_dl\lair\lair.txt -fullscreen -bank 1 00110111 -bank 0 10011000 -fastboot -volume_nonvldp 5 -volume_vldp 20 -fastboot -bezel \daphne\v2\lair.png -gamepad

PAUSE

This is hard to test because I have to wait for an event where a sword is being used.  What am I missing?  

11 hours ago, AceEsCloud said:

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get these controls setup in Dragon's lair.  I am using an IPac Ultimate and have changed my player 1 buttons 1,2,3 buttons to be different from the defaults.   

I edited the hypinput.ini file so thats player 1 button 1 = RETURN, button 2= N, Button 3 = space.  I am confident of the key codes because I ran hypjsch.exe to test them.  Here is the txt from my hypinput.ini file;

[KEYBOARD]
KEY_UP = SDLK_UP 0 0 -002
KEY_DOWN = SDLK_DOWN 0 0 +002
KEY_LEFT = SDLK_LEFT 0 0 -001
KEY_RIGHT = SDLK_RIGHT 0 0 +001
KEY_COIN1 = SDLK_5 0 0
KEY_COIN2 = SDLK_6 0 0
KEY_START1 = SDLK_1 0 0
KEY_START2 = SDLK_2 0 0
KEY_BUTTON1 = SDLK_RETURN 0 0
KEY_BUTTON2 = SDLK_N 0 0
KEY_BUTTON3 = SDLK_SPACE 0 0
KEY_SKILL1 = SDLK_LSHIFT 0 0
KEY_SKILL2 = SDLK_z 0 0
KEY_SKILL3 = SDLK_x 0 0
KEY_SERVICE = SDLK_9 0 0 
KEY_TEST = SDLK_F2 SDLK_F4 0
KEY_RESET = SDLK_0 0 0
KEY_SCREENSHOT = SDLK_F12 0 0
KEY_QUIT = SDLK_ESCAPE 0 0
KEY_PAUSE = SDLK_p 0 0
KEY_CONSOLE = SDLK_BACKSLASH 0 0
KEY_TILT = SDLK_t 0 0
END

I then edited the dragons lair bat file adding the "-gamepad" switch so that it should run hypinput.ini file when it runs (or so I think).  This is the text in my .bat file;

..\hypseus.exe lair vldp -framefile vldp_dl\lair\lair.txt -fullscreen -bank 1 00110111 -bank 0 10011000 -fastboot -volume_nonvldp 5 -volume_vldp 20 -fastboot -bezel \daphne\v2\lair.png -gamepad

PAUSE

This is hard to test because I have to wait for an event where a sword is being used.  What am I missing?  

The github also describes a step where you need to update the gamecontrollersdb.txt file

this is the latest version of gamecontrollerdb.txt (try with an updated version)

https://github.com/mdqinc/SDL_GameControllerDB/blob/master/gamecontrollerdb.txt

A search for the ipac ultimate gave me no results however. Not sure if it is related to your issue however?

You can try making your own mapping for the iPac with the SD2 gamepad tool

https://github.com/mdqinc/SDL_GameControllerDB

https://www.generalarcade.com/gamepadtool/

and add that line to gamecontrollerdb.txt