LaunchBox Community Forums

Emulator Save Backup manager

DragoonDemon4

Hi, I've been using Launchbox for a long time, and now I use Lauchbox for android, and I found an issue that I think many people have and that is every time I save a game no mater the emulator, if it has a version on the other OS I have to manually copy the save file, so I can use it between devices, and recently looking tho the newest tutorials for EmuDeck they have a cloud save manager, and now people are asking for a launchbox for Linux, so they can use it on the steam deck, so we have almost 3 OS that use launchbox, it will be great if someone or even that launchbox integrates some kind of per emulator save manager, that could also backups to a cloud drive so if there is a change in a save file for a specific game or emulator the save manager syncs to the cloud ind if in a case when I played a game on Windows emulator and want later to play on android or Linux the manager tells me that there's an update on the file so I sync to android and continue my progress where I left out on windows or vice versa.

I hope people read this post and star asking for this feature, that it will be a life changer.

3 hours ago, DragoonDemon4 said:

Hi, I've been using Launchbox for a long time, and now I use Lauchbox for android, and I found an issue that I think many people have and that is every time I save a game no mater the emulator, if it has a version on the other OS I have to manually copy the save file, so I can use it between devices, and recently looking tho the newest tutorials for EmuDeck they have a cloud save manager, and now people are asking for a launchbox for Linux, so they can use it on the steam deck, so we have almost 3 OS that use launchbox, it will be great if someone or even that launchbox integrates some kind of per emulator save manager, that could also backups to a cloud drive so if there is a change in a save file for a specific game or emulator the save manager syncs to the cloud ind if in a case when I played a game on Windows emulator and want later to play on android or Linux the manager tells me that there's an update on the file so I sync to android and continue my progress where I left out on windows or vice versa.

I hope people read this post and star asking for this feature, that it will be a life changer.

I'm also interested, I had already tried to ask here 👇 but I don't know how to formulate the ticket