LaunchBox Community Forums

Adding rotating box to old custom theme

Hi, 

There is a simple way to add the new function of v13 (rotating box) to my old custom theme?
I want to change the front box for the 3d model that we can rotate. 

image.thumb.png.2d3fd8c5c1b8683f4abeab69a0121f70.png

I thought that i only need to change this line; "<Image Grid.Row="1" Margin="0" Source="{Binding Path=ActiveGame.FrontImagePath}" VerticalAlignment="Top" />" for something else, but it's more complicated. I'm not a expert, so i don't understand where to put the coverFlow:FlowModel...

I have done a lot of back box upload for missing games, i want to see it in action in bigbox with my theme ;)

TextGamesView.xaml

After few tries i was able to add the 3d box by replacing this;

<Image Grid.Row="1" Margin="0" Source="{Binding Path=ActiveGame.FrontImagePath}" VerticalAlignment="Top" />
by
<coverFlow:FlowModel Grid.Row="1" Margin="0" DataContext="{Binding ActiveGame}" RotationAxis="0.2,1,0" RotationAngle="25" CanManuallyRotate="True">
</coverFlow:FlowModel>

But how can i get a bigger 3d box and how to only allow rotation on left/right?

image.thumb.png.44a2cf36187c1509a5952a2d7f8a7f2f.png

Ok, i finally found how to get a bigger image by adding a negative margin;

<coverFlow:FlowModel Grid.Row="1" Margin="-250,100,-250,0" DataContext="{Binding ActiveGame}" RotationAxis="0.2,1,0" RotationAngle="0" CanManuallyRotate="True">
</coverFlow:FlowModel>

As my theme is lock on full hd resolution, it's ok.

I still not able to see how to only allow rotation on left/right? Is it possible?

Probably best to just the ImageView instead of manually placing the FlowModel control there. It will handle all the logic of whether a model should be there or not for you automatically and should be already zoomed where you need it. There currently is no way to stop a box from rotation by a specific axis though.

To use the ImageView put the following where you are trying to insert the FlowModel (adding any grid properties needed to make it fit where you're putting it):

<transitions:TransitionPresenter TransitionSelector="{Binding ImageTransitionSelector}" Content="{Binding ImageView}" />

• 10 months later...
On 11/27/2022 at 8:02 PM, thewhite said:

I still not able to see how to only allow rotation on left/right? Is it possible?

This is something I've been looking for for a while (for Launchbox). Currently, rotating the 3D box in Launchbox is very difficult as the box flips about too much. There's a feature request open on Bitbucket for it - please add your vote!