LaunchBox Community Forums

2-Monitor Help.

inemu

Hello.

I have a question.

I want to work with 2 monitors on my BigBox Arcade Cabinet. (ex PhotoPlay2000)
A main monitor and a backglass monitor.
On the backglass monitor (1024x768) I want to show 2 different things.
Marquee/Backglass Graphics/Videos on the Top

and DMD/Platform-Logo Graphics/Videos on the Bottom.
But the DMD should not be stretched.
The Resolutions are

Backglass: 1024x473 / DMD: 523x142

Example:

1188893369_BackglassExampleTemplate.thumb.png.05c740e4d8b5e90bb9adc992e086a04b.png

Is there a way to set this in BigBox?

I do not want a 3rd monitor.

Here are some pictures how should my Arcade Cabinet look like.

1255595825_PhotoPlayExample2.thumb.png.357c9ff1f886823e3ad4111f5d794e07.png766630651_PhotoPlayExample3.thumb.png.5e7e061f2f2be8603f120949e0653ad3.png

Someone help me? :)

Sry for my bad english.... i`m from Germany

Edited by inemu

On 1/18/2023 at 3:53 PM, C-Beats said:

You'd have to manually create a marquee view file to do this, but yes it's entirely possible to do. I enjoy your cab design quite a bit though the main monitor being 4:3 for pinball I'm not sure I'd enjoy, the overall concept is pretty cool.

I don´t want to make new marquee files for all the games or tables :( thats a lot........

Yeah i know but i dont want to add a Widescreen Monitor in Vertical....

5 hours ago, Retrofrogg said:

I think there's a couple of plugins you can look at that do something similar to what you're asking. 

The only plugin that i found is the ThirdScreenPlugin but on this plugin i can´t edit the size and the position of the Graphics / Videos....

20 minutes ago, inemu said:

I don´t want to make new marquee files for all the games or tables :( thats a lot........

Think you may have misunderstood. You have 2 files that need created for your entire library. The marquee view for your platform list, and the marquee view for the games list. The XAML would be pretty simple/straight forward. If you let us know what you want displayed on both monitors some one could help you make the files. If you just want two images shown it's a 5m job to do.

14 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Think you may have misunderstood. You have 2 files that need created for your entire library. The marquee view for your platform list, and the marquee view for the games list. The XAML would be pretty simple/straight forward. If you let us know what you want displayed on both monitors some one could help you make the files. If you just want two images shown it's a 5m job to do.

Ok yes i misunderstood sry :D

so i want to make a single Monitor that show both...

the Marquee or the banner image of the game / backglass video of the pinball table on the top

and the platform Clear-Logo of the game / DMD-Video of the pinball table underneath....

like my example

grafik.png.5713db94751d7011b2befcf19307df49.png

On one single Monitor

Edited by inemu