LaunchBox Community Forums

Why is game search so extremely slow?

SpaghettiCat

I was looking for a site to record the games I own and have played, and was recommended LaunchBox as the most complete database.

But why is searching for a game taking over 20 seconds?! It would take me forever to add all my games if LaunchBox is this slow.

image.thumb.png.83842aed86d9fe1a00b46eb46b11ba86.png

Edited by SpaghettiCat

Thanks, I'll wait until next week.

My games aren't on the PC: they're physical and mostly console-based so there's nothing for the app to scan which is why the website suffices for me to add the games. Most of the games I want to add are games I've played but don't have anymore... like a chronicle.

Edited by SpaghettiCat

4 hours ago, SpaghettiCat said:

Thanks, I'll wait until next week.

My games aren't on the PC: they're physical and mostly console-based so there's nothing for the app to scan which is why the website suffices for me to add the games. Most of the games I want to add are games I've played but don't have anymore... like a chronicle.

Just thought I'd bring up that you can manually add games to LaunchBox that you don't have by either clicking the Add button, Right clicking and choosing Add, or through Tools > Import > Manually Add Game

That will open the game window where you can type out the name of the game, and search for it in our database. If a result is found, it will auto-populate the games metadata, and you can then optionally download media for it.

Once all your games are added, LaunchBox would provide you with more organization and customization options than the web would do, like editing/changing your game's metadata/media, arranging your games in different ways, advanced filtering options, dynamic playlists, related game suggestions, etc...

You'll end up with an offline database of your games vs. an online one, which has its pros and cons.

In the end, both ways are viable, but I thought you should be aware of your options.

• Thanks 1