LaunchBox Community Forums

Getting Shaders to work on Mame roms using Mame 0.251?

tallpr24

Hello,

does anyone know how use /activate shaders in mame?  I love the way the grits scanlines.slangp look in retroarch.

I read on reddit you have to use HLSL shader.

what I would like to do, my end game , is to have the shader on for all mame games.

Edited by tallpr24

Doing this you enable the default hlsl settings.

Here 

you can find other settings and if you search under OUT TOPIC - EMULATION section here you can find others. 
Here https://docs.mamedev.org/advanced/hlsl.html you can find documentation about that.

Next time use OUT TOPIC - EMULATION section, because this is not the right section where discuss this.

Edited by cybermat

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a bit of a noob with launchbox, and used the built in Mame importer. Everything works fine, but I can't find the mame.ini file in the mame folder under emulators. Any tips to find it? Thanks!

[UPDATE] Never mind - figured out you have to go into mame and save configuration to create it. :)

Edited by snart

• 2 months later...

I'm lost. Really. I don't want to create a new thread for asking the same thing. I imported my MAME game using the MAME importer in Lauinchbox. Everythiong is fine, games are launching, but I can't go into Retroarch when pressing F1. I want to apply some shaders, but how can I launch the retroarch menu?

3 minutes ago, Cristagally said:

I'm lost. Really. I don't want to create a new thread for asking the same thing. I imported my MAME game using the MAME importer in Lauinchbox. Everythiong is fine, games are launching, but I can't go into Retroarch when pressing F1. I want to apply some shaders, but how can I launch the retroarch menu?

You are not using retroarch, you are using mame standalone if you allowed the mame import wizard to set everything up for you. 

• Like 1

Ok i understand. I used to use the mame core in retroarch to apply my favorites shaders. So, I have 2 straightforward question:

1.What are the benefit of using the MAME importer and emulator instead of importing games and use Retroarch? I currently have the full Set merged 0.254 but I only want to play a few games in MAME... 

2.I have no MAME.ini in my mame folder

As usual, thanks for your help.

27 minutes ago, Cristagally said:

.What are the benefit of using the MAME importer and emulator instead of importing games and use Retroarch?

Retroarch MAME is terrible and should never be used for current romsets.

28 minutes ago, Cristagally said:

2.I have no MAME.ini in my mame folder

Open the mame.exe, and double click the "save config" or similar and it should create it.

• Like 1