LaunchBox Community Forums

PCSX2 emulator left open after exit? Default scrip no longer works.

Boomerps2

The default running script for the current PCSX2 (1.7.4207) no longer works which is:

; This section closes PCSX2 when pressing Escape
$Esc::
{
    WinClose, ahk_exe {{{StartupEXE}}}
}

When ESC is pressed to exit, the game closes with the PCSX2 emulator game selection screen left open on top of BigBox which stops BigBox. Pressing ESC a second time is required to close the emulator so BigBox can continue. I tried an alt + F4 script and that doesn't work either. Is there a script that will close the game and the emulator at the same time? Thanks for the help.

• 1 year later...

Can someone walk me through how to do this and then what to push on my controller. I can't seem to get it to work. When i put the -batch line in, the emulator stops loading. I would like to control everything from a controller instead of a keyboard.

Edited by MaxxFawver

2 hours ago, MaxxFawver said:

Can someone walk me through how to do this and then what to push on my controller. I can't seem to get it to work. When i put the -batch line in, the emulator stops loading. I would like to control everything from a controller instead of a keyboard.

Try the Default Command-line Parameters: -nogui.

This assumes you're using PCSX2-qt.  I believe by default, the Confirm Shutdown is checked by default (in PCSX2 Settings).  So make sure that's un-checked.

1 hour ago, MaxxFawver said:

I understand that. I did that. I don't know how to configure Launchbox to allow me exit PCSX2 mid-game. Don't know how to set it up and don't know the button shortcut on my controller.

Oh.  The thread was about not having the GUI show when exiting PCSX2.

To exit a game using your controller, you need to map the controller button(s) in LaunchBox Premium and [separately] in BigBox.  You can map any button or button combination you like.  Just make sure it's not a button(s) that's assigned to something else.

LaunchBox:  Tools - Options- Game Controllers - Mappings.  Then map to Exit Game.

BigBox:  System Menu - Options - Controller Mappings.  Then map to Close the active Window (Not Exit.  That's to completely exit BigBox).

2 hours ago, MaxxFawver said:

So if I start up BigBox, pick a PS2 game, play for an hour, decide to play something else, this is how I exit the PS2 game back to BigBox?

Yes. That would be how you exit the game and return to BigBox.  Then just select a different game and play it [for however long] and use the mapped button(s) (again) and return to BigBox.