LaunchBox Community Forums

Not all Mame roms imported

mrrod

As the title says, not all my mame roms were imported to launch box. I have 8k (some duplicate) mame roms that I have on hyperspin, so I've started importing and using Launch Box, but Launch Box shows less than 3k roms. Is there a rom limit per system? or are my roms just not recognized due to the naming of most roms?

27 minutes ago, mrrod said:

As the title says, not all my mame roms were imported to launch box. I have 8k (some duplicate) mame roms that I have on hyperspin, so I've started importing and using Launch Box, but Launch Box shows less than 3k roms. Is there a rom limit per system? or are my roms just not recognized due to the naming of most roms?

lots get condensed to a single entry. for ex if 1942 has a USA, EUR, and JPN version, all three of them only show up as a single game entry in LB. duplicates are not imported by default, you need to select that option if you want to purposely import a duplicate entry. so be sure to check that option if you want it. it's possible to skip importing certain sets of games like the slots types stuff and might be more going on I just don't know about. file name not being recognized or qty limits are not an issue