LaunchBox Community Forums

Wheel idea?

hydef

So I've been a bit frustrated with what I'm able to do and can't progress making a theme but I have this mockup:

Hopefully you can see by the image that the stacking is intended. The selected title should be the point at which the wheel bends bends and the stacking becomes inverted. And the side boxes are a different scale, each becoming 10% smaller. Right now these things don't seem to be possible with the editor and I haven't seen them anywhere.

As I'm not able to code and won't be able to any time soon, would anyone be willing to try and make this idea possible, please? I could even pay you something?

wheelidea.jpg

30 minutes ago, Merovingio said:

What BB Theme is?

It is not a released theme it is one the original poster is trying to make. 

43 minutes ago, hydef said:

So I've been a bit frustrated with what I'm able to do and can't progress making a theme but I have this mockup:

@hydef Sorry I cannot help on this as that level of coding is more than I know and I have not messed with the Theme Creator in a bit. It might be something that has to be manually coded. I am confident one of our resident theme experts will chime in and provide some better insight. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hydef said:

Hopefully you can see by the image that the stacking is intended. The selected title should be the point at which the wheel bends bends and the stacking becomes inverted. And the side boxes are a different scale, each becoming 10% smaller. Right now these things don't seem to be possible with the editor and I haven't seen them anywhere.

As I'm not able to code and won't be able to any time soon, would anyone be willing to try and make this idea possible, please? I could even pay you something?

wheelidea.jpg

Cool concept, although I'd say not all of it could be done at the moment, even with code. The main thing that's probably missing is a Z axis offset property that would allow you to have items get progressively smaller the further away from the selected item you go. Other than that, you could get close, but even in the concept image some issues would arise, like you are only displaying 5 images within the wheel, so what exactly would happen on the left and right sides of the wheel as you navigate around? I'm also assuming those are the 2.D images, which look great in still images, but kind of lose their mystique when thrown inside of a 3D control. Also, since the images are so compact together, you may run into some z-fighting as things move around.

I took my 3-DIMENSIONS theme and did a quick and dirty job here to show that some of what you are after is certainly possible:

hydef.thumb.jpg.3db3ea740746fb524701e80d31c70b58.jpg

Thanks for looking into this and great, you've got the stacking correct there. That doesn't look bad at all. I hadn't given any thought yet how new boxes would appear from  either side.. Maybe they'd just appear and not come from anywhere? Not sure how that would look. I just wanted to note that this particular idea was always to just have 5 items, no more. And then for them to get smaller because it's easier to use with every platform this way and keep 5 on screen. Even with horizontal boxes. Finding one idea that worked with everything was a pain. And yep, just plain old 2D.

1 hour ago, Retro808 said:

@hydef Sorry I cannot help on this as that level of coding is more than I know and I have not messed with the Theme Creator in a bit. It might be something that has to be manually coded. I am confident one of our resident theme experts will chime in and provide some better insight. 

No worries but cheers.