LaunchBox Community Forums

Notifying player to use controller or joystick depending on emulator.

CalmGamer

I’d like to add some consoles and computer cores to my arcade cabinet. At the moment it’s setup with joysticks and a trackball but for consoles I’m going to use some old Xbox controllers

Is there a way to change the game loading screen on a per emulator basis to tell the player that the game will use the controller and not the arcade control panel?

I also have ledblinky so is there a way for it to just say “please use controller” when playing consoles?

Thanks

2 hours ago, CalmGamer said:

Is there a way to change the game loading screen on a per emulator basis to tell the player that the game will use the controller and not the arcade control panel?

Not on a per emulator basis.  But you can do it on a per platform basis.  If you look in  \LaunchBox\StartupThemes\Default\, you'll notice there's the Default.xaml theme and then a couple more for specific platforms.  They just need to be named the exact same as the specific platform, in your setup.

As an example for your use, for Dolphin emulator, you'll see specific [platform] ones are already there.  "Nintendo GameCube.xaml" and "Nintendo Wii.xaml".

15 hours ago, CalmGamer said:

I also have ledblinky so is there a way for it to just say “please use controller” when playing consoles?

Sure.

You can set per platform or per game. I turned on the speech options for primary controls, and then for the respective platforms I add the text I want read for that platform to the primary control.

For many consoles on startup my cabinet will say: "Use XBOX controllers."