LaunchBox Community Forums

Any way to put the game count on the main Launchbox screen instead of button bar?

Madhead

I'm just wondering because I don't really use the button bar and prefer asthetically for it to be off, but of course then I can't view the game count. It's purely cosmetic, but it would be nice if I could have the game count on the top of the screen next to the game title like the image. If there's something I could edit in the xml files, i'd appreciate some guidence. Thanks.

dfg.png

5 minutes ago, Madhead said:

I'm just wondering because I don't really use the button bar and prefer asthetically for it to be off, but of course then I can't view the game count. It's purely cosmetic, but it would be nice if I could have the game count on the top of the screen next to the game title like the image. If there's something I could edit in the xml files, i'd appreciate some guidence. Thanks.

dfg.png

I see you have the "All" platform on, but did you know you could also turn on counts for platforms? This also applies to the "All" platform.

image.thumb.png.cc883016bd0366aefaccc6330e59752a.png

@neil9000 Yeah I knew you could do that but it slows the setup down too much for me. Things stutter more and take longer to load. I know you can also view the game count of each platform in the game details screen when you first click on it, but the most intuitive way of viewing it is the display on the button bar. Obviously it's not important, and I don't demand you move the game count away from the button bar or anything, but I'm just asking if there's any way theoretically to make it like that image? Perhaps copying and pasting a certain section from one xml to another? If so do you know any way it could be done? Thanks for your help mate. 

To do so you'd have to create your own theme (requires premium license to use custom themes). I don't think that binding exists outside of that view though so you'd have to get somewhat creative in how you do it to display the way you want. Should be possible though. My Beats theme still requires the button bar to see that count but greatly reduces the size of said bar. You could consider that as an alternative.