LaunchBox Community Forums

Please vote for "Add the feature to sort games by release date per platform/playlist in BigBox"

vgbox

Ticket link for voting: https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/7554/add-the-feature-to-sort-games-by-release

This feature is very much missing, it should be a native basic feature for BigBox that a lot of people (most people?) including me use first and foremost for retro games. Visually it would be very nice and nostalgic to browse games and play by down memory lane...

If there is enough interest this feature can be added to BigBox so please vote. 🙏

Edited by vgbox
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/18/2023 at 10:00 PM, Rissespieces said:

It would be super useful for collection playlists to have for example all the Mario Karts in relase order without having to edit all the sort titles and worry about conflicts in other playlists.

Definitely! Hopefully the devs notice the interest here. More votes, better chance for this implemented.

Edited by vgbox

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Posted (edited)
On 12/14/2023 at 6:09 AM, kobaturtle said:

I may be wrong but could this be what you're searching for?

image.thumb.png.2a06593bd515098fa9b021fab2764361.png

Currently using it for my collection playlists and it works in both Bigbox and launchbox

I noticed this as well, i resorted all my playlists, very pleasing to browse playlists now, but this helps playlists only.

I have so many unique platform based rom libraries (not counting platforms with child playlists):

27 platforms from the arcade category

18 platforms from the console category

4 platforms from computers category

2 platforms from the handheld category

The workaround is to make a playlist child for every platform and then hide each of the parent platforms. This is not good. You end up with tens of unnecessary playlists and hidden platforms

Hopefully the devs are convinced that this is a useful and desired feature by users and add it as a built in feature to platforms. 🙏

Edited by vgbox