LaunchBox Community Forums

Manually Download Platform Details

donarumo

30 minutes ago, donarumo said:

Is there a way to manually trigger the download of platform details?  For instance, let's say I manually create a platform called "Nintendo 64 (World)", can I manually trigger the download of all the Nintendo 64 info (processor, memory, etc.)?

Hi @donarumo, basically, you just need to populate the Scrape As field.

Thanks @Jason Carr, I'm not sure that works if the platform has already been saved with a "scrape as".  I've tried changing the field to nothing and back to the wanted platform as well as changing it to another platform and then back (hitting "okay" between all changes).  The various fields don't fill in.

12 hours ago, donarumo said:

Thanks @Jason Carr, I'm not sure that works if the platform has already been saved with a "scrape as".  I've tried changing the field to nothing and back to the wanted platform as well as changing it to another platform and then back (hitting "okay" between all changes).  The various fields don't fill in.

I see, yeah, there may be a gap there. Platform metadata fields have admittedly not been much of a focus thus far. I'll put that on our list.

3 hours ago, Rincewind said:

Just as a related problem maybe... I noticed that on a recent fresh install of LB that every platform I setup never downloaded the platform device image

If I'm remembering correctly, I don't think device images was ever something LaunchBox bundled with the program itself, but was always something that a user had to add themselves.