LaunchBox Community Forums

specified folder does not contain a full mame set

Tombas

I downloaded  the torrent for a full rom set of 0.254 mame from archive.org. It downloaded 80+G and appears to a full set.  I have a fresh install of LB and want to use its wizard to import the roms and setup mame. I installed LB c:\LaunchBox and created a subdir 'Games'. Placed the folder with the rom zips in the c:\LaunchBox\Games directory. When I run the import full mame set selecting the folder a message pops saying "the specified folder does not contain a full mame set". Followed these instructions exactly from a tutorial video. 

This is the bottom of the rom folder directory listing -- does it look accurate?

04/27/2023  05:07 PM         2,482,101 z80ne_flop.zip
04/27/2023  02:50 PM           554,018 z88_cart.zip
04/27/2023  07:37 PM         8,670,057 zorba.zip
04/27/2023  03:02 PM             8,224 zx80_cass.zip
04/27/2023  03:36 PM         3,605,723 zx81_cass.zip
             649 File(s) 87,358,982,806 bytes

Please advise and thank you!

Never ever use torrents from Archive.org. The way their system is built they build the torrent file before all the files have uploaded which means that the torrent typically only contains a very small percentage of all items in the collection. A full MAME set size depends on what type you grab but should have several thousand files in it regardless. If you are downloading something from Archive.org it's best to use the tool Jason developed and put in downloads or using something like JDownloader to grab everything.

• Thanks 1

Thanks everyone. I got the a full merged set from PD and LB is up and running. There are multiple games that don't work however. Galaga, for example. I hate to ask newbie questions but my search didn't return much. Please advise and Thanks!