LaunchBox Community Forums

Xenocrisis rom

Martin Garcia

Hi, 

I have bought the Xenocrisis ROM and I want to add it to my launchbox. 

Following instructions I'm able to run the ROM by executing command "mame neogeo xenocrisis" but no other way. The game does not even show on the mame list if I open the application. 

But what I want is to add it to my list in launchbox. I tried adding the ROM but it just does not work, after going through the wizard options, on the last step showing the list of games to import it shows empty.

Help please, 

Thanks,

On 5/13/2023 at 8:22 PM, Martin Garcia said:

Hi, 

I have bought the Xenocrisis ROM and I want to add it to my launchbox. 

Following instructions I'm able to run the ROM by executing command "mame neogeo xenocrisis" but no other way. The game does not even show on the mame list if I open the application. 

But what I want is to add it to my list in launchbox. I tried adding the ROM but it just does not work, after going through the wizard options, on the last step showing the list of games to import it shows empty.

Help please, 

Thanks,

1. Make sure you can get the rom to run in Mame first. You have to  edit the negeo.xaml located in Mame's \hash folder and add the correct game information to the end of the document. Looks like you already have this part done. 

Now:

2. Manually add the game to your arcade. I recommend selecting an emulator other than Mame when you add it as during import this will make sure the Mame meta does not prevent you from importing it. 

3. Once added right click and edit the game. In the Emulation tab change the emulator there back to Mame. Then click the option to "Use Custom Command-Line Parameters". In the cell below that simply add "neogeo" there (leave out the quotation marks). 

I did not have this set-up since I use the Dreamcast rom and it took me some trials. Thanks to @JoeViking245 I was able to locate a typo that was preventing me from getting it working. Not to difficult, but when you type stuff wrong it can become harder than it needs. 

Screenshot 2023-05-18 at 9.08.25 PM.png

• Like 1